“Good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oceans

Oceans
Reserve with OpenTable
Oceans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
California
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

My husband and I have been going to this restaurant for over 10 years. The seafood is excellent. I usually get the Sand dabs. They have other meat items on the menu, but I've always ordered the fish. Another favorite is the Lobster Cocktail with chunks of lobster and a tangy cocktail sauce. They also have a salad with tomatoes, and hearts of palm that is excellent and I've never seen it at another restaurant in the valley. They typically close during the summer months, when it is too hot in Palm Springs and I think the owner(s) return to Bosnia to visit family. The owner always recognizes us and is very cordial. They have a very small outside area that is a nice place to enjoy an evening with the wonderful food and some wine, if the weather cooperates!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sunnie4321

Los Angeles, California
“Great Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

This was a first time dining experience at this little hidden jewel in Cathedral City. Our dinners were all very well prepared and we will be sure to return!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank S12_13
vancouver
“Not likely to eat there again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

We had dinner with friends who suggested Oceans. It was new to all of us. We were surprised we couldn't preview the menu on-line,but it wasn't available. Our friends had heard it was reasonable, and had great seafood. The staff was very friendly,but the Appetizers and salads arrived after we asked about them after waiting over half an hour after ordering them. I specifically asked to not have anything salted,but didn't think about requesting no pepper because I ordered a caprese mozzarella and tomato salad and the wild salmon without the salsa or starch...just the veggies. The waiter was ready to crank the pepper mill, , but I quickly said absolutely no pepper. It makes me choke sometimes . With my first bite I realized I unexpectedly had pepper on the beautiful cheese so asked for more olive oil and tried to scrape off the pepper. Our friend loved his lobster cocktail and my husband and friend's wife split the calamari appetizer which was spicy and cooked in a red sauce, and they were happy. My husband thought the cioppino broth was very unusual and not to his liking. My salmon was very peppery, and I had difficulty eating it. Didn't expect any pepper on the salmon for that matter. The restaurant is 20 years old so looks like we are the minority opinion regarding not planning to return. Our friends were happy with the scallops. .didn't order desert .

Waterloo, Iowa
“Different experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

Arrived and greeted, seated and attentive service. As evening went on service became much less attentive and almost non-existent. Fish was great but vegetables were cold when served. Had high hopes when we started but probably won't return after the entire meal was taken in context.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank iabrownie
Vancouver, Canada
“The best seafood in the desert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Visited the place on Tuesday night and found out quickly why is the best place for seafood in town.didn't think that we need a reservation,but found out otherwise.it was packed!!!very friendly owner and his stuff reassured us a table within 10-15 minutes,for which we didn't mind the wait .we were served drinks almost immediatelly until our table was ready.started our dinner with escargot and fried oysters appetizers both of them fenomenal and full of flavor.main course choice were fantastic as well grilled escolar for my wife and surf & turf for myself.both tasted exceptional.owner and his stuff are on top the things all the time.i would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody thats visiting the valley and I know I will personally bring my friends there.

• Visited February 2013