“Oceans”
Review of Oceans

Oceans
Reserve with OpenTable
Oceans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Best lobster ravioli I've ever had. Attentive service. Place is small but exudes a lot of atmosphere.

1  Thank Diane T

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We went to the restaurant as a party of 6. The service was attentive and friendly, almost like a family place. Everyone enjoyed their entre's - welll prepared, hot, very fresh and tasty.

2  Thank R Shaun P
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We had dinner at Oceans a few nights ago for the third time in the last couple of years and it was even better than we had remembered. The atmosphere is comfortable but refined. Service is impeccable - attentive but not pretentious - and you get the impression that you are in very good hands. The waiters really do know the menu and give you their best advice; they don't just recite what they've been pre-programmed to say. The menu is just wonderful- a great variety of only the freshest fish assembled and prepared with creativity and imagination.

My wife and I shared an appetizer of fried oysters. They were large and delicious, with only the faintest suggestion of the very lightest breading, not the usual thick crust of fried breadcrumbs with a little oyster hiding somewhere inside. In fact they were so good that we joked about maybe ordering four more of the same instead of our main courses. But fortunately we didn't.

My wife had the Chilean sea bass. This is always a favorite and nearly always excellent, but at Oceans it seemed to take on a new dimension. Absolute melt-in-your-mouth perfection! I had the sand dabs sauteed in olive oil with capers. Not a common restaurant item, and I love them here (although this time I was a little jealous if my wife).

We are seafood foodies, and for us there's just nothing better anywhere than Oceans.

1  Thank blueskiff
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This small restaurant located in a strip mall in Cathedral City was recommended and it is excellent. It is quiet and if not recommended would not know it's there. It has a varied menu but known and has the freshest seafood. The fresh bread with fresh minced garlic and seasonings was different and tasty, ate too much of it. My husband and I ordered the appetizer steamed mussels in a light cream anisette sauce which was delicious. I ordered the special Dover Sole with capers and it was delicious, my husband ordered Penne w/spicy light red sauce with Lobster. We finished off with the best Cappuccino I've had here with Raspberry Cheese Cake to die for!! The service was excellent, prices reasonable and a must for visitors and locals.

1  Thank RaePalmSprings
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Oceans is a quiet, unassuming restaurant hidden in the middle of a strip mall in Cathedral City. If you are looking for fresh quality seafood, it's worth locating it.
We were there with another couple recently and found the service, the food and the surroundings all very pleasant. It's a location where you can go and taste the food you've ordered, sans the over seasoning that's common to many seafood restaurants and the atmosphere is one where you can carry on a quiet conversation. That's a combination that's hard to beat in a restaurant you can afford.

2  Thank ricardo687