“Good quality ordinary Mexican fare”

La Casita Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 134 Restaurants in Cathedral City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Victoria, Canada
“Good quality ordinary Mexican fare”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We arrived dearly (4:30) not knowing what to expect. Being early for dinner, the place was empty. Everyone we met was cordial and helpful and we had yummy Margueritas before too long. By the time we left the steady stream of customers filled the place up on a wednesday nite.

Good menu with lots of choices. Mixing the tomatoes and herbs in the guacamole at our table was a nice touch. My fajita was excellent , chile ranno was too much batter , beef taco was ok. I'd go back.

1 Thank RetiredPeople

Portland, Oregon
“You Can Do Better”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Here you are, in the middle of Southern California. Finding relatively inexpensive authentic Mexican food shouldn't be that hard, right? *Wrong.* (And I say this as a former Californian.) While there is nothing bad to say about the staff -- they were all very friendly and helpful -- the food leaves a lot to be desired. We saw the high marks here on Trip Advisor as well as Urban Spoon and decided to try it out. Talk about misleading. The salsa tasted like it was out of a jar, the entree portion sizes were small (especially compared to the high price), and the tacos were nothing to write home about (and I judge them all by their tacos). Usually a place that looks halfway like a hole-in-the-wall has something going for it. I hate to say stuff like this, but in this case... keep on driving.

• Visited January 2012
San Francisco
“Superb Mexican Food and Service”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

La Casita is a little gem, and I go there whenever I'm in the Palm Springs area. Ate there twice during the past 2 weeks while visting from San Francisco.

We started with the fresh guacamole made at the table--much better than the usual guacamole served elsewhere. Be sure to try it.

My favorite item at Las Casita is the Yucatan Chicken which is very generous in size; typically 3 large flattened chicken breasts served with rice, refried beans, and a small amount of salad on the plate. I usually ask for double beans and no rice.
On all occasions I've had this item, I've been very pleased. The chicken can be a bit dry, but that's how I like it when prepared this way. Other items are excellent according to friends who have tried other dishes there.

Margaritas are excellent and reasonably priced considering their size and potency.

Service is extremely friendly and attentive. It's clear that La Casita appreciates its customers. I always feel welcome and completely satisfied after eating here.
La Casita in Cathedral City rates an easy 5 stars.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank iQuack
Palm Springs, California
“Decent Mexican Food”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This place is good for their salsa and albondigas soup. Other that that, very Americanized food. It's always full though. I just prefer a more authentic fare.

mcminnville or
“"Americanized" Mexican Food w/ good service”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This restaurant is part of a successful small local chain. We went there with a group of 50 and the restaurant did quite well to serve such a large group. The foods offered however were the bland usual dishes expected in most Mexican restaurants. This is apparently what most people want thus the success of the chain. If what you are looking for is a little more hot spice and authenticity, this is not the place. I doubt if many Mexicans eat here.

• Visited December 2011