“AVOID if you have any sense”

Cathedral City Travelodge
Cathedral City Travelodge
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cathedral City
London, United Kingdom
“AVOID if you have any sense”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Absolutely abysmal. The guy on reception is HORRIBLE (Michael I think his name was). The pool looks like you will catch something from it and was never cleaned. Filled up with leaves and other rubbish. The room was a state, stained sheets and carpet, door didn't lock properly. Maid didn't clean the room for three days, had to go to reception twice to ask for towels. "Air con" left you constantly worrying that it might explode at any moment. I would honestly advise anybody to pick ANYWHERE else. The Bates Motel would have been a more preferable stay to here.

Room Tip: Absolutely none
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Bea D
Miguel M, Front Office Manager at Cathedral City Travelodge, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
We remember Bea and her female traveling companion well. They DID get maid service EVERY day, unfortunately, their room was in such a disarray, it was impossible to service the bed they used due to their personal belongings thrown atop. As to their other complaints, they were very satisfied with us until, at checkout, they were shown 11 towels, of different sizes that were collected over their stay that were laundered and impossible (with bleach) to be reused. They were charged a very reasonable $50.00 replacement charge for the towels and told they could take them with them, as we could not reuse them. The towels were imbedded with dirt, food and especially makeup they would not bleach out. We are always sorry when a guest's stay is less than expected, however, this problem has nothing to do with the hotel but with this guest's disregard for others property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Upon returning to the room at the hotel, we noticed cockroaches. It was late so we killed the roaches we saw and decided to talk to the desk in the morning. We brought down the cup with the dead cockroaches to the front desk to the General Manager to bring it to his attention. He immediately had an attitude and stated there was nothing he could do, that it is getting hot outside and the cockroaches come in. He said why didn’t we call the night before. We said it was too late and decided to wait until morning. We all agreed to transfer to a new room and would be back in an hour to switch. Upon our return, he stated that he had some news, that he reamed out the cleaning personnel and that she saw roaches in our room but failed to notify the front desk. We asked what he was going to do about this and felt an adjustment should be made. He said it is not about the money and would not offer any. We could switch rooms or leave. We had made a reservation for a clean room and obviously it was not. Roaches, stains on carpet and garbage on balcony. He repeatedly kept blaming us and was taking no ownership of any of it. When I brought this to his attention he kicked us out of the hotel. We had one more night to stay so he refunded our money for this next night stay. He began to accuse us that we brought in the cockroaches and that our grand scheme was to do this and then get a freebie. He then said you are trespassing, get out of here or he would call the police. I will never walk into this establishment again. To stay at a location that has no customer service and treat us in this manner is unacceptable. To take no ownership of the situation and making accusations towards us is offensive. By the way, we have been coming to Palm Springs for years, and have been using the Travelodge for overflow of residence during our visit. He has known our group for years and still treated us in this manner.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Gary T
Miguel M, Front Office Manager at Cathedral City Travelodge, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
We are always unhappy when a guest has a less than perfect stay with us, however, this was a guest that was looking for a free ride. Gary checked in EARLY wednesday morning for 4 nights. He was here wednesday, thursday and friday (over 72 hours). On saturday morning, Gary and his partner came to reception with a coffee cup that had a small DEAD roach in it. Gary "said" he found the roach on the floor, in addition, he "said" there was food left on his balcony. Gary and his partner occupied his room for over 72 hours WITHOUT a mention of a roach or food on the balcony. Gary then INSISTED on compensation for his experience and wanted a FREE 4 night stay with us. Rediculous-according to our maid service form, the balcony was serviced PRIOR to his arrival and while he was a guest. After almost 4 days of occupancy, it is impossible for a dead roach to appear UNLESS the roach was in Gary's luggage when he arrived. In any case, 4 free nights, in compensation for his inconvenience is beyond customer service. Gary mentions he will not return, when in fact he was told he would not be welcomed back in the future. This is a case of someone looking for a free vacation, which will not be the case here.
Cathedral City
Reviewed 1 April 2014

When I called to make my reservation, the guy must have wrote down my wrong number because he said he tried to call it, but got a disconnected line, and so cancelled my reservation! When we showed up, he said he cancelled my room but luckily they had extra rooms! I was part of a wedding block, and I felt like he could have asked anyone if they knew who I was so we could figure this out.
The rooms are disgusting. The mattresses don't have covers, the floor is covered in stains. I broke out in hives the first night!!!!!!! soooo so so gross.
The room reaked.
The TV reception was poor.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

2 Thank J D
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Haven't even stayed here yet and already don't like this place. Had a reservation made through booking.com. Cancelled the reservation online and was advised I would receive a cancellation email, but never did. Decided to call this morning to make sure the reservation had been cancelled. Usually when you call a place of business, they answer with the name of the business and the name of the person who answered the phone. The guy who answered the phone this morning at 8:22 a.m. WOULD NOT give me his name. I like to keep records of who I spoke to when I confirm or cancel a reservation (been burned before). This guy ABSOLUTELY REFUSED to give me his name. His reason was because he didn't know mine. I gave him my name and again HE REFUSED to give me his. When I repeatedly asked for his name, he hung up on me. I called back, his excuse was that he was trying to check in five people for room reservations. I find that hard to believe, their website says no check-in until AFTER 3:00 p.m. When I finally told him I wanted to confirm the cancellation through booking.com he told me I had to call booking.com. and AGAIN hung up on me. If this is who Travelodge Cathedral City want as the first name/face/voice of Travelodge Cathedral City, STAY AWAY!!! I can only imagine what the rest of the staff is like!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rebecca T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cathedral City
Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
Vagabond Inn Palm Springs
Motel 6 Palm Springs - Rancho Mirage
Plaza Resort and Spa
Plaza Resort and Spa
#50 of 73 in Palm Springs

Been to Cathedral City Travelodge? Share your experiences!