“Sweet and salty cookies”

Brown Butter Cookie Company
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Cayucos
Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

I was in Cayucos and my tour guide suggested cookies here. Apparently the place was put on the map by being Oprah-recommended. The original brown butter cookie was what I tried. They are buttery sugar cookies with a salty taste and really good. I had to look up how to make brown butter and I think I'll start cooking with it more.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

We were driving the coast and saw a billboard for this place and with in minutes we were making a pit stop for some cookies at 11am! This is a must stop for anyone driving though. The town is super cute and the cookies are to die for! We bought a bag of the original and a bag of the coconut lime. They have samples of all the flavors but you cant go wrong at this place. I am a cookie snob being a baker myself but this place ROCKS!

Reviewed 19 February 2013

In the quaint town of Cayucos is a wonderful baking company. I love walking in and being greeted by the friendly baking staff and aroma of cookies. Samples are plentiful so you have plenty of opportunity to decide on which is your favorite. The cookies seem to melt in your mouth which may be due to the brown butter. For those who love the combination of sweet and salty, try the original brown butter cookie, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 16 February 2013

My husband and I happened upon this place while walking around town on a visit. The cookies are very good. I love the hint of sea salt, almost as an after taste. The texture is good, similar to a short bread, but better. I like that they are not overly sweet like many cookies. We tried several different flavors and liked them all. My husband liked the peanut butter. he says its one of the best peanut butter cookies he's ever had, and he's had a lot. I think they are a little pricey, but would purchase them again when in the area visiting.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I dare you to visit this place and not try a free sample. I dare you to not buy any cookies after you have a free sample. I dare you to not regret always the fact that you didn't try or buy these cookies while you were here, so you sit alone in a corner of your closet, knees drawn up to your chest, arms around your knees, rocking back and forth moaning and weeping, lamenting the sad fact that you didn't buy any for the trip back home to Iowa, or New Mexico, or Garden Grove.

If you are on the Central Coast, ya gotta get to Cayucos and try one...DOZEN! There is original shortbread, coconut lime, chocolate, etc. etc. This is good stuff!