“OK, but will not return”
Review of Beachwalker Inn

Beachwalker Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Cayucos B&B and Inns
Fresno, California
“OK, but will not return”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The room was decent and the location was pretty good for the price, but I will not return to this inn because of the customer service. It felt like I was bothering the woman who checked us in as she mumbled and grumbled the whole time on the computer. The only words that were said to me as I was standing at the front desk were "I need your credit card and driver's license". Friendly right? Overall I feel like the room was a decent value, but will not recommend this inn to anyone or return because of the extremely poor customer service. If you plan on staying here, do not hold high expectations!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank haleyperkins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Liked the rooms very much. They were clean and well maintained. I've stayed at this motel over the years and this seems to be consistent. Pertaining to the rooms, I didn't like having a room with a sliding glass door as the entrance to the room. The rooms aren't air conditioned (few are in this part of CA) and I had to leave the screen "open" for it to be cool enough to sleep. This was a little unsettling being here alone but Cauucos is pretty safe so . Ann Marie was wonderful. She should be the owner. She was very helpful and had good advice if any was needed.

On the bad side. There is not enough parking. I wonder if they rent some of their parking spaces. There were more cars there than the rooms they had. They probably allowed more than one car per room. Their "behind the hotel" lot was often also full, requiring parking along the street. They should give out hotel parking signs for hotel guests and no more than one car should be allowed. Guests of guests should have to park in the street. The owner, I think, a male, was completely useless and rude. I hated to ask him anything. He acted as if I should already know what I was asking and my talking to him was an imposition. (Maybe he just didn't like women or women alone?) I quit talking to him and would ask Ann Marie who tried to help as much as possible.

I stayed for a week during the 4th of July holiday, coming in a week before the holdiay. The manager seemed to be totally unprepared for the holiday, especially as far as the parking was concerned and knowing the numbers of people who would be coming into Cayucos. I don't think the hotel was fully booked over the holiday yet the parking front and back was full. It was very frustrating.

I would stay her again only because Ann Marie is so nice and because I could bring my dogs. If I found another place that would take dogs, I would go there. The managers attitude, the parking, and if I found a lower price would send me to another motel.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room in the middle of the motel with a regular door and not a sliding glass door.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Honolulu
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We stayed here for one night and it was an awful experience. The room was dirty and smelled musty. Best to look else where. We switched to the Dolphin which was $30 a night less and a much better property. The staff was friendly there unlike the Beachwalker.

• Stayed May 2011
5 Thank retire2011

Travellers are raving about these Cayucos hotels

Honolulu
Reviewed 12 May 2011

the owners also own the laundermat next door. Most of the machines do not work. They accept your money then then tell you tough luck when they don't start. Rip off!!!!

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank retire2011
Wonder Valley, CA
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I am so glad we were able to get a room at the Vagabond Inn (formerly the Beachwalker Inn) in Cayucos! My husband and his brother had a re-model to do in town and I was lucky enough to be able to go with them for two weeks and enjoy the coast for 2 weeks while they worked. I cannot say enough about the friendly staff of this gem, Ann Marie was especially helpful and nice, if I needed anything, she was right there. Carol was also friendly, as well as the owners Jay and Hersha. This is not your typical Vagabond Inn, each room is clean, large and roomy, and each room is painted and decorated differently with soft beach colors, wallpapers and charming decorations. You get the feel you are staying in a friends guest cottage. The continental breakfast has a nice variety of pastries, muffins, eggo waffles, cereals, fresh fruit, juice, coffee etc. There is also a nice flagstone patio area with tables, chairs, a gas fire pit and 2 propane BBQ's. Some rooms have views of the ocean as well. The motel is only one short block to the beach and there is a convenient laundromat next door. Cayucos is a wonderful laid back beach town with many antique shops and great places to eat! I highly recommend this motel and can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Bakersfield, CA
Reviewed 16 April 2010

We stopped for the night during a sightseeing trip to the central coast. This was formerly the Beachwalker Inn and was apparently bought or franchised with Vagabond Inns. The room was nice and included a microwave, refrigerator and small gas fireplace. We sat out on the hotel's patio after dinner and sipped wine by a gas fire pit - a nice way to enjoy conversation and the starry night sky. The wireless high speed Internet worked great.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Bakersfield, CA
Reviewed 12 April 2010

My wife and I wanted a nice trip out of town with our Labrador. Found this place as a pet friendly hotel. First of all, the room was ok. Didn't smell like any other pets. And it wasn't that busy. However..

The wall heater made noises all night. The ceiling fan knocked when it was on. The walls, were paper thin. The drains hardly drained. Bed was hard as a rock.

So bottom line, I would never stay there again. It was nice cause it was close to what we wanted to do, but other than that, this hotel should be burned to the ground.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Btown007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayucos
Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach
#23 of 29 in Morro Bay
Cayucos Beach Inn
Cayucos Beach Inn
#3 of 10 in Cayucos

Been to Beachwalker Inn? Share your experiences!