“Great stay!”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Ventura, California
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Found this place on Dogfriendly.com, because I'm always trying to find places near the beach where I can bring my mutts. I was really pleased with Cayucos Beach Inn, and not just because they're so dog friendly. Good value, AMAZING location, clean rooms, friendly service, quiet neighborhood. The continental breakfast has a variety of choices. I'll definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank TrishV65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Hotel is an older one but the owners are doing a good job maintaining the property. Our room was clean (better than many others) and quite comfortable. We needed a place to stay for one night while visiting friends in the area and were quite satisfied with the hotel. The only negative was the free continental breakfast. The selection was boor and the breakfast area is a converted room with little sitting space. We took our breakfast back to the room.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 18 March 2010

Husband, cocker spaniel and I stayed here for six days in March 2010. We were fortunate that the weather was absolutely wonderful. Our room was large and clean with a small view of the ocean, but only one block from beach access. Albert was gracious and informative on checkin. Other staff was welcoming. Although the property is "pet friendly" we could not discern the presence of any dog prior to our being in the room, it was clean and no fleas!! We did not leave any either. This is not the Ritz, but it is a good value for your money and we enjoyed our stay and will return.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Hanford
Reviewed 22 October 2009

We stayed at the Beach Inn instead of our usual stay in Pismo. We had just got a shelter dog and have two small children. The manager, John was wonderful. From the moment we checked in we were treted wonderfully! My daughter smashed her finger at dinner and when we got back to the hotel he heard her crying he was quick to bring her an ice cream. THe rooms were clean. Great place to stay with kids and animals! would go back again!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank centralcalfamily
Bakersfield
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I wanted to give this motel 5 stars, but couldn't because of one issue. We had a rental confirmation for a room with a King Size Bed. We were given a room with two Queen Size Beds.
Our room was large, clean and comfortable. We were concerned that because the motel is "pet friendly" there would be pet odors in the room, but our fear was unfounded. There was no smell of dogs anywhere inside the room.
Outside the room was another story though. The motel goes out of their way to provide a separate grassy area with a fire hydrant, doggy bath, and pooper-scoopers for the animals use. However we observed numerous pet owners let their dogs run loose to poop in the BBQ pit and picnic tables area rather than use the designated grass area for dogs. I didn't see anyone use a pooper-scooper to clean up after their dogs.
The room had a small refrigerator, microwave oven, ceiling fan and double sinks which were a nice touch. The remote control for the t.v. didn't work, but that was a non-issue since we didn't go to the coast to watch t.v.
We rented the room thru Hotels.com at a rate which was $45.00 a night less than the other websites offered. Overall, this is a very nice motel and we plan to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chuckg2
Paso Robles, Ca
Reviewed 4 September 2009

I live 30 miles away in Paso Robles and wanted to escape the terrible heat and have some fun. I had been to the Cayucos Beach Inn once before so I decided to visit again.
I'm SO glad I did. I just got home and have nothing but great things to say about my stay.
The rooms are huge and VERY clean. I feel really comfortable there. My dogs, three gigantic Labs, were welcomed with treats, blankets and doggie towels. The rooms have a dvd player, fridge, microwave, wet bar, coffee bar, tons of towels and lovely Neutrogena bath supplies. Continental breakfast is supplied with cereals, bagels & cream cheese, breads, fruit, juice, milk, tea and coffee. Outside there are BBQ's and lots of lounge chairs to relax in.
The Sea Shanty restaurant is right across the street and there's a new place for pizza; The Cayucos Beach Bakery and Deli. I had a pizza delivered and it was super TASTY and priced right. There's a market and liquor store real close by too.
And now...the beach! It's a short, pleasant walk down to the beach where we saw pelicans diving, gorgeous starfish and sea anenomes at low tide, and lots of dogs playing in the surf...off-leash. Everyone in Cayucos is so friendly; staff, locals and tourists alike. I am relaxed and refreshed after my trip to Cayucos & Cayucos Beach Inn..... I can't wait to go again! It's a very peaceful place to visit.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank LoveMeDogs
CA
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Wanted a place in Cayucos, didn't bring our pets but would next time, found this place to be incredible! Clean, friendly, right in town. I'd definitely recommend staying there!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank hismile64
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayucos
Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach
Cavalier Oceanfront Resort
Cavalier Oceanfront Resort
#1 of 10 in San Simeon
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,643 reviews

Been to Cayucos Beach Inn? Share your experiences!