“A Little Gem”

and 1 more site!
Cayucos Sunset Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Cayucos B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 September 2007

While the town seems to be a typical California beach town, circa 1960's (Which we like!) , the Sunset Inn is indeed atypical of the area.
Lisa, the owner and the staff would be enough to warrent a stay here, but the facility itself is also top notch.
Each room expresses a "personality" (again Lisa) which seems to enhance your stay. From feeling as if you were in a French country house to a sophisticated NY penthouse (with many steps between); All rooms seem to have the little touches which you usually notice only because they are missing ... plush towels, silky sheets and big comfortable beds, as well as the oversized showers and in room jacuzzi tubs.
Brazillian hardwood floors, pleasing color schemes and comfortable chairs and dining area, as well as the often forgotten cd player, make this an excellent place to begin or finish your day...A day which begins with an excellent breakfast, conversation and local wines later in the early evening and cookies and milk at bed time.
This is a place you visit again and again !

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LAEDIT

Reviewed 18 September 2007

I wish I could rate the Cayucos Sunset Inn a 10! I do not have enough adjectives in my vocabulary to aptly describe how amazing this Bed & breakfast is. We stayed in the Bali Suite, whch is spectacular by all accounts. The attention to detail afforded by the owners cannot go unmissed. From the 800 thread count sheets, to the cookies and milk every evening, not to mention the wonderful food and staff- I have never been treated so well anywhere (and I travel a great deal).
Lisa is a spectacular host as well as her able staff! If you need anything, whether it is a recommendation for a restaurant (Try Hoppes) or info on horseback riding or just to chat they are tremendously warm and helpful.
If you are travelling to the Carmel area, skip the expensive B&B's there, drive an extra hour and go to the Cayucos Sunset Inn- you will not be disappointed!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Party013
Reviewed 3 September 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Sunset Inn over Labor Day weekend, and it was perfect! We stayed the first night in the Fleuris but upgraded to the Palais our second night. When we stay here again (which we will), we will definitely get one of the upstairs suites again- the private balcony and view is worth it. The rooms are decorated beautifully and the beds are wonderful, with 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets and feather everything. The two person spa tub is really large- both my husband (who's 6'4) and I fit very comfortably- and the rain shower with body washers is really cool. Everyone who works there was very helpful, and we borrowed movies from their DVD library while eating the milk and cookies they left at our door for bedtime!

We drove into Paso Robles and did some wine tasting, as well as spending some time in Morro Bay and walking around Cayucos. For food, we ate at Taco Temple in Morro Bay- SO good- and Hoppe's in Cayucos, which is one of the best restaurants I've eaten at, with an awesome wine list and knowledgeable servers. We had dessert one night at the Sea Shanty, which had good fish and chips and a huge dessert menu.

We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mstatler
Reviewed 2 January 2007

My wife and I visited Sunset Inn for a second time (we'd waited so long!) from Dec 27-Dec 29 as part of a five-night getaway up the California Central Coast. I warned my wife that the trip would start out on top and progress toward mediocrity. I was right!

We stayed in the largest suite, the Sunset Suite, which is 1100 sq ft of beautiful stained concrete and wood flooring, bright airy white blinds in the many windows with white bedding (amazing!) and a partial ocean view/street view large deck. The bathroom couldn't have been larger or more elegant... the two-room bathroom (2-person jacuzzi and double-sink on one side of the hall, two person rain shower and toilet on the other side) were about as big as the WHOLE ROOMS of our stays in Carmel and Santa Barbara! Add to that a huge separate sitting room and bedroom suite (which both had cable TVs and fireplaces), we were spoiled more than we could've imagined. Then there was the service... wine and cheese and artichoke dip in the early evening and a full cook-to-order breakfast (four choices!) the next morning... this included a fresh fruit bowl, juice, coffee, milk and scone... nothing was left out! We bumped into Lisa, the owner... she recoginzed us from two years prior! Adding to her warmth was Carly who greeted us, showed us to our room, made us reservations at Hoppe's down the street (fantastic!), served us breakfast... we hated to leave! As I write this, I'm already planning next year's Coastal Winter Trip... it will most definitely CENTER around Cayucos Sunset Inn!

PS: Cayucos is a perfect quiet beach town with Cambria and Hearst Castle to the north, Paso Robles to the Northeast, and Morro Bay/SLO to the south... all within a 30 minute drive!

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank bonesting69
Reviewed 26 June 2006

My wife absolutely loved this place. I felt it was more like a fancy hotel than a bed and breakfast because of the exterior entrance to the rooms. We stayed in the sunset room. The beds were wonderful and the breakfast was excelent. The jacuzzi bath was very nice also. I would like to come back in when the fog lifts. I would suggest not going in June if you want to see the ocean.

Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank nianders
Reviewed 10 January 2006

I looooved this place. We reserved a junior suite, but were pleased when we arrived to be upgraded to a two-room suite, complete with two fireplaces, a jacuzzi and separate shower. Fantastic, absolutely the nicest by far that I've ever stayed in at any hotel, and ours looked exactly as pictured on their web site. The innkeepers have obviously taken great care in decorating and maintaining the inn.

The breakfast was good, sunset hour with wine and appetizers was great after a day at Hearst Castle, and cookies and milk, with Ferrer Rocher chocolates at bedtime were a nice touch. We had dinner one night at Schooners (so-so) and the other night at Hoppe's (very good).

As other reviewers mentioned, the Inn is on the street, and there are buildings between it and the ocean, so the ocean view is limited and we did not really use the spacious balcony.

• Stayed: January 2006
4  Thank RaleighLady
A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed 19 August 2005

the owners of this Inn really want your stay to be happy. I can thoroughly recommend this Inn, do ask for the Pacific view rooms, makes all the difference. Hoppe's for dinner or lunch should not be missed and the proximity to HEarst Castle is perfect.

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayucos
Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach
#15 of 29 in Morro Bay
Cayucos Beach Inn
Cayucos Beach Inn
#3 of 10 in Cayucos

Been to Cayucos Sunset Inn? Share your experiences!