Dolphin Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Seaside Motel(Cayucos)
Cayucos Motel(Cayucos)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2012

There's no "negative circle," so one circle will have to do.

I have NEVER in my LIFE searched so diligently for bedbugs in a motel room before. When I realized how crazy it was that I expected to find them, I marched over to the motel next door, Cayucos Beach Inn and begged for a room. The manager there said they get much of the business from disgusted travelers who check in at the Dolphin Inn only to be unable to stomach the conditions they're paying for!

We spent less than 30 minutes in our room...trust me; we didn't even sit DOWN we were so shocked, but the owner refused any refund, even partial. I seriously think they make their money from booking rooms online and then offering no refund when the customer sees the carpet with stains, disgusting bedspread with stains, tears and burns, un-closeable bathroom door, no air conditioning, bugs, etc.

Learn from our mistake and please don't give this place your money. Next door is a wonderful, clean, well-priced motel with free wi-fi and free continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Drive 10 more feet next door to Cayucos Beach Inn.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
16  Thank canubelieveit
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We make a point to stay here every year. The staff are so wonderful and make you feel so welcome. The rooms are very clean, and well taken care of. We just love the small town atmosphere of Cayucos and the motel is just 2 blocks from the beach. There are more expensive motels, in the area. But you won't find more value for your money!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SnowBird144
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Both my wife and I stayed at the Dolphin Inn this past weekend. What a dump!!! The room was filthy, smell of disinfectent, drapes were half off the rod and paper thin walls. The broken office chair outside the room said it all.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
10  Thank OnetravelerCa
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Small motel but nice location and great service. I liked their patio rooms.

Room Tip: I liked the room with patio next to it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SpartanX
Reviewed 26 February 2012

It was my third time in Cayucos and I love staying at new places. I decided to stay at the Dolphin Inn. Even though it was the middle of the night, the front desk was very friendly and gave my family a room without problem. My wife especially loved the price for the rooms. The place is kind of small but it's a nice place. Restaurants are nearby, and the beach & park is walking distance. My family had a great time staying at the Dolphin Inn and will definitely stay here the next time we come to Cayucos.

Room Tip: Get the rooms in the back side, if you want a room with a spectacular wallpaper.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family