“Can't beat the price”
Review of Cayucos Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayucos
Cayucos Motel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Can't beat the price. Room needs some update but the quality of service and price could not be beat. Walk to beach is a couple of blocks and late check-out if needed. If your looking for a room on a budget with good serivce and the right value this is the spot. Keep in mind that it is a motel. But worth it!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisi27
There are newer reviews for Cayucos Motel

Reviewed 28 July 2010

So my wife and i went back to stay here for a week again and coundnt be happier, Staff is always ready to help and be there for you. Perfect location, 1 minuite to the sand and 2 minuties to the center of town. We miss Cayucos and the Cayucos Motel already.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank akc3tp
Reviewed 20 March 2010

Me and my husband have been staying at the Cayucos Motel for years. They also except pets. The motel is in a good location. We meet a lot of neat people at the motel. We will keep going back. We appreciate the owners.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2009

My wife and I were driving to Carmel to spend a few days with some friends. My wife is a stroke survivor, and cannot make the car trip in one day, so we decided to stop in Cayucos, as we have stayed there several times for longer stays and love the quaint village atmosphere and several good restaurants. The difficulty in a beach resort is finding a location that will take guests for only one night on a Saturday.
I inquired to several locations, and Cayucos Motel responded favorably. I called them early in the week of our arrival, and was advised by a pleasant lady that there were two rooms available: a king room and another with two beds - a double and a single. I told her of my issues with my wife's access issues and advised the two beds would not work at all, and we would pay the higher price for the king room. Because the reservation was inside 7 days from the arrival date, she advised me that we would need to use a credit card to make the full deposit, and that we would not get any refund if we cancelled. I replied this was OK - we were looking forward to visiting.
We arrived to check in at 4pm, and found the property to be a bit dated but also pretty much what we expected having viewed their webpage, which also had pictures of the rooms. We were met by a friendly lady at the very small office, and she pulled our reservation card and told me they were going to lower the price on our room as a seasonal discount, which was good with me! She scratched out the old rate on our card and wrote in the new rate. Then she also crossed of the old room number and changed that as well to room six. This was closest to the office, so I left my waiting wife in the car to open the room and drop my carry bag. To my surprise, I was greeted by the dreaded 2-bed room I had expressly turned down during my call earlier in the week.
Returning to the office, I was told they were sorry, but the lady who took my reservation probably was one of the cleaning ladies and neglected to take my phone number and address, so they had not been able to call and confirm we were coming, and so since we were the last of the day to check in they ahad given our king room to someone else. This was completely untrue, as I had given all this info along with my credit card number when making the reservation.
I explained my wife had difficulty sleeping in a bed alone because she needs help turning in the night and we could not use the room. She offered to make a call, and found a suite at the property accross the street, but the cost was $75 more and was also on the 3rd floor with no elevator. When I said this was no good, she offred no solution.
We wound up having to stay here and suffered through getting up from bed all night to turn my wife, having no table so I had to sit on my knees on the floor to use the bed as a desk. But the most annoying thing was the way I was mislead when I arrived, claiming I was getting this great discount when in fact I had been screwed out of the room I had paid for in advance.
No amenities in the room except a TV and VCR; they have a good selection of old movies to borrow as well as some books. There is a microwave in the port that is shared by all guests. There is a minimal continental breakfast of wrapped bars and some fruit and coffee. Aside from being mistreated, the motel is the quintessential beachcomber motel of California, and if economy is your desire, this would be a great pick as long as you make sure to make follow up calls to make sure you get what you reserve. If you plan in advance, there are several nicer motels in the same block that are a much better value.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank thetenor
Reviewed 11 September 2009

Travelling from LA to San Francisco, we needed to be 1/2 way on night 1 with limited travel time & a plane to catch. We left LA late & knew we'd get in VERY late! I called Rebecca around 9:30 at night & explained how late we were running. As we were travelling with young children (1 disabled) she kindly offered to cancel the booking to let us stop 3 hour earlier. When I explained that the boys were asleep & we had to be there, she offered to leave the room ready for us whatever time we arrived. At 01:15 we found a beautifully appointed and spotless suite with the keys left for us. What trust and consideration! When we met Rick & Rebecca in the morning they couldn't have been more helpful. Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer - we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Moosevan
Reviewed 1 January 2009

This is a well maintained and nicely updated vintage motel in a
charming beach town. Nothing fancy--just a good night's sleep at a fair price (the way it was when the place was new 40-50 years ago.)
Very close to the beach (and just a couple of blocks from the highly recommended "Sea Shanty" restaurant for killer shrimp scampi.)

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 8 December 2008

I booked a room at this motel when I decided to return home through Cayucos from a trip up north. On the way up, we stayed at the Seaside Motel and had a wonderful experience, unfortunately, there were no rooms available on the way back.

Upon check in, I was disappointed to see the room - definitely nothing special, and it wasn't super clean, especially the bathroom. We heard noise all afternoon from the guy working with his skill saw next door to the property. The free wireless internet was not working - the front desk said that "they were were working on it" but continued not to work for the next three days.

I was looking forward to using the propane bbq located on the patio to grill some steaks for dinner; sadly, the tank was empty and the unit looked like it hadn't been used in quite some time.

The next day, the gal came to clean up the room and all she did was pull up the bed covers; she left all of the trash including the pizza box and plates from the night before - yuck. Didn't touch the bathroom either. Sorry, we won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Juderbees
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayucos
Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach
#5 of 12 in Cambria
Cayucos Beach Inn
Cayucos Beach Inn
#3 of 10 in Cayucos

Been to Cayucos Motel? Share your experiences!