“Cafe Del Via-Just OK nothing special”
Review of Cafe Del Via

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Del Via
Ranked #13 of 24 Restaurants in Cayucos
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This restaurant was a disappointment. My husband and I were having dinner with friends and I had never been to Cafe Del Via so I was looking forward to it. Italian food is my favorite (I'm Italian so probably biased) and was happy to see that some of my favorites were on the menu. I ordered the pasta frutti di mare and the dinner salad and my husband ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. We ate early, around 6:00 PM because of the 4th of July holiday and figured most restaurants would be very busy. At this time, the restaurant was only about half full yet our server seemed frazzled. She took our order and disappeared. The salads came out which were fine, nothing special and we had to request bread as none was brought out with the salads. We received a curt response about the bread and it arrived a few minutes later. There was a long wait between the salad and main course. When the food arrived, I was disappointed. My husband's portion was child size. There were maybe three forkfuls of spaghetti and two meatballs. Neither one of us are big eaters, but this portion was pathetic. My meal was bland and tasteless. The pasta was almost dry and I had to hunt for what little seafood was mixed in. The restaurant was starting to get busy as we were leaving but I asked the waiter if he could take a quick picture of the four of us and he was running around frazzled too. He said to wait a few minutes which I was happy to do, but he stood at the door talking with people and never returned. As we left the restaurant, he noticed us walking out the door and asked if we still wanted the picture but we said no. He just shrugged and walked off. There are a lot of good restaurants in this area, including Italian. Skip this place and go somewhere else. Suggestions: Hire another waiter to accommodate your customers and re-work your recipes.

1  Thank Janet T