“Best Calamari & Bloody's!”
Review of Schooners Wharf

Schooners Wharf
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Cayucos
Price range: US$9 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in picturesque Cayucos, California, Schooners has been offering guests an unforgettable dining experience since it opened in 1993. Embracing a nautical theme reminiscent of the early history of the Central Coast sailors and fishermen, Schooners boasts the best ocean views of any restaurant in the area. Gaze into the deep blue while enjoying one of our signature cocktails, or perhaps some of our famous calamari strips. Schooners menu features fresh seafood and steaks, prepared thoughtfully by Chef Beto Gonzalez. Take time to stop in, take a look and say hello; chances are you'll find yourself wanting to indulge in our house specialty Bloody Mary, our fresh seafood, and some lively conversation with our local patrons. Hope to see you soon!
“Best Calamari & Bloody's!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Sit at the bar with Dave the bartender. He rules! Also you can't beat the views from the bar. We actually saw some whales out in the bay! I hope this place never changes. It is a classic beach side bar and restaurant.

Visited July 2014

Fresno, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“buckey of steamers....”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

we always have a atleast one dinner at Schooners Wharf.. Bucket of steamers..big o beer...awesome sour dough bread...

• Visited April 2014
Munich, Germany
“great location, great food!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

had the Pecan Crusted Halibut there... delicious! Wine was great as well, watching the pelicans dive for dinner in the Pacific was a little bonus :) Perfect evening!

• Visited September 2013
Rohnert Park, California
“Worst restaurant ever!!!!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I am a very mild mannered person and have NEVER complained about a meal to waitstaff before but this was without a doubt the WORST meal I have ever had in my life and I have traveled all over the world. I am in shock that so many people left rave reviews about Schooners. First we were told there would be a 30 to 40 minute wait so we went upstairs to the bar for a drink. My husband was ready to leave and I wish I'd listened to him! My Mai Tai was good and a reasonable price so I have that to be thankful for. We walked down stairs (five minutes later) and all the people waiting were gone and there were suddenly a bunch of tables available. The reason I was so set on this restaurant is they had calamari steak which my husband loves so he ordered that. I ordered pecan crusted halibut - how delicious does that sound? My husband (not shy with words) said the calamari steak tasted like something crawled in his mouth and died! My halibut was horrible! Over cooked - no flavor, in fact part of it tasted like it had gone off. The garlic mashed potatoes had absolutely NO FLAVOR at all. The veggies were tasteless. There was nothing on the plate that was edible. I felt very bad complaining to our lovely waitress as I knew it wasn't her fault, but I simply HAD to complain about a $25 meal I couldn't even eat. To give Schooners credit they did give us a $20 discount so my $25 inedible halibut was only $5 but my husband's inedible calamari steak was still full price. We stopped at a supermarket to buy ice cream to take the taste out of our mouths - it was that bad!!!! Save your money and don't go here!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank twigaduma2016
Cayucos, California
“You won't find a better view”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you can get a table upstairs, outside or in the bar, you won't be disappointed. The Calamari appetizer is some of the best Calamari you will find. The Ahi Spring rolls are why I come here!
Enjoy a tasty beverage and take in the view!

• Visited June 2014