“Simple Luxury & BIG Rooms”
Review of Pier View Suites

and 1 more site!
Pier View Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Reviewed 19 May 2011

It is hard to find a good place to stay on the central coast but we have finally found it. My four kids love Cayucos because of the beach and my husband and I prefer it to the other coastal towns but got sick of staying in crumby little $200 rooms that were built in the 50’s and last furnished in the 80’s. We finally found Pier View Suites when it opened a couple of years ago and have came back 6 times since. We have stayed in six of the seven suites at the hotel and have not been disappointed once. Each suite is nicely designed and bright with plenty of space and light. All suites have large decks and equally fantastic views, especially for the 4th of July Parade. The setting is spectacular, and the staff is professional, enthusiastic, and obliging. The grounds and rooms are always pristine and spotless. We love grilling steaks and cooking meals in our suite but it is nice that 10 causal and fine dining restaurants are all within easy walking distance, not to mention a great wine bar on the second floor of the hotel. My husband and I regularly visit the hotel’s public spa (the Bohemia) where Suzanna delivers some of the best massages we’ve ever had. This is a great find and, in an area with a drought of upscale hotels, it is definitely worth more than it charges. A++

Room Tip: Executive Suite 220
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank AllanNoni

Reviewed 3 May 2011

We booked Pier View Suites after reading the glowing reviews on this site. We were travelling with our 12 lb puppy and reserved a suite that was pet-friendly. On arrival we were shown to our suite and informed about how often to feed the resident fish. I took off my shoes and started to unpack when I noticed that my socks were very wet. On closer inspection the living rug was soaking wet in a few areas. I talked to the woman in the office who informed me that it was a 'pet friendly' unit and accidents happen. We were paying a hefty price for the unit so it wasn't like 'pet friendly' meant we were getting some kind of bargain. She did assure me that someone would come in the next day to extract the moisture but there was no apology at all. The following day a fan was put on the rug to suck out the moisture. The unit was advertised as being a luxury accommodation and although the bed was very comfortable, we did not experience anything luxurious about the place. The towels were abundant and of good quality but the kitchen was completely bare. There was not even a dish cloth! We cook when we travel and there was no cutting board and not one condiment in the cupboards. We've been staying at a lot of VRBO properties and the least we have been seeing is salt, pepper and cooking oil but there was nothing at all in this unit. The street was noisy and the beach, across the street was a bit cruddy. We were told we'd be able to hear the surf but we were too far away to do so. Wifi was slow and sporadic. We are travelling across country and experiencing a lot of different types of accommodation and this one was disappointing for the price. They also advertise laundry on site and it is a coin laundry situated on the main level, not in the unit itself. All told, a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vcfoley
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Me and my family stayed at the Pier View Inn Suites on Saturday, April 9th and left on Sunday, April 10th. Pier View Inn is perfect for a large group of people! It was a large group that we went with...myself, my boyfried, brother, sis-in-law, parents, cousins, uncle, and grandfather. We had two adjoining suites, which worked out wonderfully!! The rooms were very spacious and very clean! And the view from our balcony was spectacular! The weather was absolutely gorgeous so we were able to see Morro Rock from our room!
I wish our trip there could have lasted longer! I am definitely going back to Cayucos and staying at the Pier View Inn Suites! Thank you for a wonderful time!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank minreeve
Reviewed 27 February 2010

Just back from a weeks vacation. Got to meet my 11 year old Granddaughter and her Grandparents from Argentina, for the first time. Great people had a wonderful time and now we have to learn Spanish (Argentina Spanish). My son got us reservations at the Pier View Suites on the top floor #330. The lay-out of the suite was perfect. Full kitchen w/dishwasher & bar and a good bottle of "Wine". Gets better with the view of the Cayucos Pier to Morro Rock. Wake up and watch the Surfers by the Pier, have a cup of coffee and smell the beach. When we needed anything or just wanted to talk, "Tammy" was our host. Thank you Tammy and we will see you again. Marv & Cheri, Albany, OR

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Broncohat
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Our mom treated me an my sister to a wonderful vacation at Pier View Suites. It was the best time spent with our mom who turned 86. My dog was also included. The treatment we recieved was just wonderful. Connie is a very caring an loving lady who made our 4 nights there the best we have ever had. Cannot wait to go back. Even bobo my dog agrees. He is 15 . Cannot wait to return. The view is absolutly wonderful . So clean an well taken care of. Thanks from Fresno

• Stayed: November 2008
4  Thank angeleyes64
Reviewed 9 February 2009

My wife and I just returned from a three day stay at the Pier View Suites in Cayucos and we couldn't be happier. We stayed in suite 300...a corner unit that had a nice balcony and an outstanding view of the ocean and, you guessed it...the pier. We showed up a little early, but it was not a problem. They checked us right in and gave us a complimentary bottle of wine. The parking was convenient, free and safe and the facility was in excellent condition. I'm guessing the building is only 3 or four years old. They offer much larger multi-room suites, so don't let the "average price" on this site put you off, as we were able to get our room for the three-night rate (off season)of $160/per night. The suites are centrally located and are in easy walking distance of everything in Cayucos. If you're looking for daily house keeping this isn't the place, but you simply leave towels outside in the mornings and they are replaced with fresh new ones. We also used a sticky note on the door to get more coffee filters and paper towels. We didn't see them much but Connie and Amy did a great job takling care of our needs.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank OldNorCalGuy
Reviewed 11 April 2008

Living in the Central Valley of California we love going to the Central Coast to the beach. Cayucos Pier View Suites is indeed right on the ocean and right next to the Cayucos pier. The view of the Pacific is as always refreshing and relaxing. The suites are lovely to be in but the "BED" is the best I've ever slept in including my own. First class all the way. Once you park your car and check in, you don't have to drive anywhere as you are right on the ocean with dining, antiques and shopping within walking distance. Connie and the rest of management are super. My personel rating is Excellent!!!!

Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank FresnoValleygirll
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayucos
0 mi away
Blue Dolphin Inn
#1 of 12 in Cambria
19 mi away
Allegretto Vineyard Resort Paso Robles

Been to Pier View Suites? Share your experiences!