“Usually a Good Motel for the Price.”

Howard Johnson Express Inn Modesto Ceres
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ceres
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We have stayed at this Motel many times. On 12/15/12 we had a really nice room with a bathtub and shower.That room was without reservations and it cost us 68.25. The room was cold when we got there but warmed up nicely. Our most recent stay on 12/21/12 was a bit of a disappointment.I had reserved the room 1 month in advance so they knew we were coming. The room was cold, the shower was a little cut out in the wall and the water was luke warm on the hottest setting. We told the manager and he said he would have someone look into it. This room was booked a month ahead of time and with a internet discount cost 58.91. The Beds are very comfortable. We stay at this Motel because it is close to family members when we come to visit. Not sure if it is better to reserve it or just show up???

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bathtub and shower they are nicer.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Frank J
mt1760, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Modesto Ceres, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Reviewed 10 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I loved the quality of the room, the clenliness and ther service rendered. Very professional and affordable. I would stay there once again if the occassion arises.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Manuel G
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The pros were that the room was a good size. Sink has its own area ,with lots of counter space, just outside the bath/shower room. Beds were comfortable and being in California during a heat wave, the air conditioning was amazing.

As for the cons, The front desk clerk obviously hates his job. He seemed to be annoyed that we were interrupting his break. When we came to ask for towels, he rudely told us we had to wait for housekeeping. In the room, the carpet was FILTHY. I couldn't believe it when my daughter jumped onto the bed and her feet were obviously dirty. Of course I try to keep them in flip flops in hotels (you never know), but you know how kids are. Also, the location of the hotel leaves much to be desired. There's so much loud noise from Hwy. 99 that we could hear at the far end of the building. Over the weekend, there were lots of party renters, probably because of the hotel's resasonable prices . I was actually concerned for my family, and my rental car. I read the reviews for this location and saw nothing negative concerning the area, so I assumed it was safe. Although I couldn't get a refund for my online booking, I truly considered moving to a better neighborhood.

I personally would not stay at this hotel again. I'd opt for a better location with friendlier staff and cleaner rooms.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lan98226
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ceres
Microtel Inn & Suites
Ramada Modesto
#4 of 20 in Modesto
Baymont Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn Modesto Ceres? Share your experiences!