“Nice Food in a small town setting”
Review of Kopper Kettle Cafe

Kopper Kettle Cafe
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
San Jose, California
“Nice Food in a small town setting”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We've eaten at this Kopper Kettle Cafe a few times now, and been happy every time. Actually we normally select this place because we've been happy every time. I think we've always only had sandwiches of one sort or another, and they were all pretty good -- quite enjoyable. One in particular we really liked of course I don't remember the name of, but anyway it had turkey and bacon in it and was really good. The cheesesteak I had last weekend was nice too -- not Philly cheesesteak style (and as I recall they don't claim it is) but made with chunks of meat instead of thinly sliced. But then, unlike authentic Philly cheesesteak the one at Kopper Kettle is made with real cheese, nice cheese, so that's a big plus. It's a small diner type of place, family run it seems -- looks like probably a local hangout, though I wouldn't really know.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Brent T

Livermore, California
“Not Too Bad”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Kinda like the local greasy spoon, but a little better. The breakfasts were good so I am not complaining. It seems to be quite a local hangout, which to me says the food is good.

The portions were nice, not huge and by no means small. I had an omelet and as omelets go, it was yummy.

Would I go back? Maybe...I am being vague, I know, but I just can't remember too much about the place!

Visited May 2014
Fremont, California
“Homemade Dining, Welcoming Staff”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Comfort food with a bit extra! Very good food, large servings, and a warm and welcoming staff. I was here on business and I wanted more healthy food that burgers, fries and a shake. The delicious chef-like chicken salad was a winner! Be sure to eat here when you are in the area.

• Visited June 2014
Oroville, California
“comfort food and excellent value”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We got in late and were looking for a place where the kids would eat without too much fuss. Great diner setting without pretentions, good service, fantastic homemade clam chowder, and large servings of classic diner food (breakfast all day, burgers, fries, chicken fried steak with baked potato, hot sandwiches, etc.) The kids liked it so much we got takeout for them and Grandma the next night while we went out for a "grown-up dinner" elsewhere!

Visited December 2013
San Jose, California
“Fine Burger Place”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

As in other reviews, there aren't too many places in Chester, and the Kopper Kettle was close to our hotel. The dinner was actually really good for a burger place, and the service was very friendly and efficient. Be sure to ask about the fish in the tank by the door!

• Visited October 2013