“Uncomfortable”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Antlers Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chester
Antlers Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Chester
Reno, Nevada
“Uncomfortable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Here are some challenges you will face if you stay here: a) plastic-covered mattresses make it difficult to sleep comfortably, you will wake up in a ball of sweat unless you have the A/C set for very cool, b) the flat-panel TV is only a tiny 14 inches, impossible to watch, c) our bathroom smelled like urine, d) the toilet is in a dark corner of the bathroom, e) there are no towel racks or holders; we had to lay our hand towels on the counter, and f) no hair dryer is provided; bring your own.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ron T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

I'm pretty cheap so this was a little more than I normally pay, but very reasonable for the area. Convenient parking outside the door to my room on a paved parking lot (both are important to me as I travel by motorcycle), tiny town (which I love) and the room was VERY clean. The shower was great (a good shower head, water pressure & temperature can't be over-rated). Convenient eating places nearby and a market across the street if you prefer deli or need water etc. The Highway was under construction but not an issue, the drivers were very courteous (stopped and honked to tell you to cross the highway if they saw you standing & waiting). High elevation here so nice and cool (actually froze riding in because it was 20 degrees warmer in Downieville. Anyway, Antlers motel is very clean, roomy, has good refrigerator and excellent internet (ethernet cable in every room) and I think it's the most reasonably priced in town. I highly recommend it, but make a reservation because they apparently often fill up.

Room Tip: I opted to stay an extra day when my riding friend left to visit family and the single king room I m...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

It was noisy, as there is little insulation between rooms. The neighbor talked on his cell at all hours. I couldn't sleep. There was plastic on the bed. I went to the office in the morning for shampoo fory wife and got a cold reception. I wouldn't go back!

• Stayed June 2013
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

The place was much like a motel 6. Except that there were no towel racks and the towels were in a waste basket and the tv screen was 18"! I AM NOT KIDDING! They said they had high def tv when I called ahead but neglected to say that I would need binoculars to watch it. I mean, really! Flat screens are dirt cheap these days and there is no excuse for this sort of rip off. I posted a picture so you can see for yourself. Note the "cozy" fireplace under the tv. Look at the water bottle on the dresser, the sconce on the wall and even the door handle for scale, then look at the tv! The fireplace is an electric fake flame with zero heat emitting. Notice the tv control box on top of it. That tells you how warm it does not get.

On the plus side it was clean and beds were comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank padredecasa
Hamilton, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

On our way to Lassen Volcanic NP in September, 2012, we had great stay at the Antlers Motel. The room was large, clean and was a great value for the money. The motel had everything you would need, in like new condition, including Dish TV, coffee stuff, a great shower and a table and chair and access to an ice machine. The owner was very friendly and helpful with local information. We drove several miles out of our way to stay at the Antlers Motel and we will stay there again when we are in the area. There is a restaurant very close to the motel. The Antlers Motel was one of our best values on our 3 week trip!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JeffA172
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

I have stayed at a lot of hotels, and this one comes to the top of my list in terms of value for money. We stayed a Saturday night here in a double bed room for $80 + tax. Everything in the room is pure luxury quality; I had paid $300 for hotel rooms and still not got this kind of quality. The towels are extremely cozy and comfortable; and you get lots of them, not just one or two. The bedsheets and the blankets are comfortable. There is Dish HDTV with lots of channels, coffee maker with good coffee stuff. The water pressure in the shower is something you will not have seen in a hotel before. This place is just 5 years old; so everything is very modern construction.

If you are planning to visit Plumas County, Lake Almanor, or Lassen NP, I strongly recommend you to stay here. You will remember the experience as part of your trip. I will surely be back to stay here, even if it means that I have to drive 30-40 miles more than what is needed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Amitab B
Cerritos, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Comfortable, clean motel at moderate rate. Dan, the owner, was friendly and helpful. If we get back to Chester we would definitely stay here again. Previous review commented that there were no towel racks in bathroom, but Dan says they have them and will be putting them in -- he listens and aims to please!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Been to Antlers Motel? Share your experiences!