“Friendly Motor Motel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chester
Cedar Lodge Motel & RV Park
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Got to love the old style motel where you park in front of your room and it's a single story building. We stayed here for two nights while fishing and visiting the area. Very clean and rustic. The owners are very friendly and helpful about the area and places to eat.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yellow Bee

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We were looking for a place to access Lassen Volcanic park daily for our large family. Many of the places in Chester are outrageuosly expensive. The lodge is older, that's for sure, but it's extremely neat and clean and the hosts are incredibly friendly and helpful. Al offered me his tools to fix my tire, and we got lots of advice on what to do and where to eat in the area. It's a great deal for people on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Marcel H
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The Cedar Lodge is an older motel that was clean and well priced ($65 including tax), but it does show its age and might not be for everybody. Biggest problem for me was that I could not get the wi-fi to work -- got a connection fine, but I could not go to any sites. Satellite TV worked fine, and there were many DVDs available for free. Owners very pleasant. Nice location a short drive to the center of Chester. There is also an RV park on the premises.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RoadTripRoger
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The most helpful folks you can ever deal with. Great prices, clean, dog friendly. My only complaint; the toilet in our room must have only been 20 inches tall, my knees were even with the top of my head.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2012

When I was first looking for a place to stay I called a few hotels/lodges near Lassen National Park and I got the most help on the phone from Cedar Lodge. When we checked in the owners Al & Kathryn were very helpful. They gave us a map and pointed out all the local spots to fish (which lake Almanor has great fishing). We got some great recommendations for food, Ranch House has amazing breakfast and its right down the street. Our room was very clean and they have a fully stocked kitchen so you can cook there in the room. They have tons of DVD's that they let you borrow so you can watch a movie at night. We went in the winter so I didn't get to experience the pool, but its a good size if you go in the summer. I would recommend this lodge to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gldelck82
Reviewed 2 September 2011

my husband and I booked a room for 3 days, just to get away for a little relax time, we loved this place so much we stayed for 8 days, and still did not want to go home. The rooms are cozy and very clean, the owners Kathryn and Al make you feel like family, they are very knowledgable and share all the information they know about the area. We are planning to go back next summer with our motorhome and stay for a few months!!!! Thank you Kathryn and Al for a wonderful little getaway.
Lionel and Ellen McBride

Room Tip: all rooms are very nice with different themes and decor, we loved room #8
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ellen M
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We were on our way to Lassen Park and found the Cedar Lodge to be more than what we needed. Room #1 had a double bed in one room and two double beds in a second room; a small kitchen was well supplied (no ice trays though). The motel is on the edge of town and was very quiet. The motel staff was very helpful and had dozens and dozens of dvd movies in the office to loan at no cost.

On arrival we saw a sign indicating that the road through the park was closed, upon departure the next day, saw that the road was open! Perfect!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CreeksideGrassValley

Been to Cedar Lodge Motel & RV Park? Share your experiences!