“Ok, but nothing special”
Review of Knotbumper Restaurant - CLOSED

Knotbumper Restaurant
Missouri
“Ok, but nothing special”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

It was late, we were tired, and this place was right next to our hotel. I think we were lucky to scoot in here when we did because this places closed early in my opinion. We got in just before 9pm and I'm pretty sure they closed right at 9. Atmosphere is ok. They have some neat pictures of days gone by and some old tree cutting tools on the walls. It is somewhat dim in regards to lighting. Service was good. Our waitress was pleasant and did her job adequately. This place has a mix of food types. Burgers, mexican,... etc... I can't say the food was memorable at all. It was just ok. It did the job, but I can't say what we had would make me return. Price was ok overall.

• Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food was OK, but the service was terrible!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My in-laws, my wife, our kids, and I went to dinner while we were in Chester on a road trip. We chose the Knotbumper and, in general, we liked the food, which was sandwich and soup fare (so it was more appropriate for lunch than the dinner we were eating), but it was more quantity than quality. However, the thing that drove us a bit crazy was that our waitress was so rude. She was very curt with us when we would ask her questions about the menu. Also, she dumped our check on us while we were still eating. We later figured out that the official closing time was 8pm which occurred during our meal, but no one told us. It just appeared to us (rightly so) that the waitresses were trying to get all of the customers out the door as soon as possible (presumably so they can start their time off). In summary, if you are looking for a sandwich, soup, or chili for lunch, I would go again, but beware of the rude staff!

• Visited July 2014
California Hot Springs, California
“Good Spot for Lunch”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We found this restaurant on the main street in Chester and pulled in and had a nice lunch with good service,I would eat there again.

Visited July 2014
Little Elm, Texas
“Friendly people and good sandwiches”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Very good sub sandwiches. Very friendly people. See if you can recognize the tools on the walls. Great lunch spot.

Visited July 2013
Milford, California
“Fun little place”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Lots of good choices on the menu. Quick service without being "fast food" . Sandwiches are good and there is always a good soup ready to warm you up.

Visited August 2013