“Nicest Accommodations in area for Lassen Volcanic National Park”

Best Western Rose Quartz Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chester
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nicest Accommodations in area for Lassen Volcanic National Park”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

When I booked this BW, I did not realize that it was 30 miles south of the park. After I got to the hotel, I did not regret the booking. After a very sub-standard stay at the BW in Oakridge, CA, several nights before I was apprehensive. Night and day difference in the two! Nice, modern, clean, spacious. For the next night I did change accommodations to be nearer the park. that was a mistake. Much better sleeping at the BW. BUT, when a storm came thru, we were without power for hourS! I would have thought that the hotel would have a backup system. When I took my laundry over to the "laundry room", there was standing water on the floor. Considering what else is available in the area, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank cecilia k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I am from New Zealand and put together tours travelling throughout the USA for a month at a time and I had made bookings with the manager at this outfit 12 months ago for 10 rooms. I followed up with email correspondence confirming the rooms and offered in the email to also prepay for all 10 rooms. She replied by email that payment was not required until arrival and confirmed all rooms and I sent the room list. All sorted, not. All 16 of us arrived today to be told by her that she was full and had not set aside our rooms. After trying tobluff her way out she finally had the good grace toacknowledge her mistake and apologised. I told her that she needed to sort out 10 rooms somewhere else which she did but thet were 30 miles away so off we went. We sorted things out but I will avoid the place for all future tours as I cannot trust them to fulfill their contracts on group tours.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Paul L
San Diego
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Lassen was stunningly beautiful so we stayed two nights, traveling back and forth. This is a nice BW property. Hotel staff were A++. Room was exceptionally clean. Our bathroom looked a little funky but was ADA compliant. We were upstairs; there was an elevator. Breakfast was good - standard BW hotel fare. The hotel staff gave us good recommendations for dinner and they were knowledgeable about the national park too. There is a spa and a weight room and a BBQ pit I think out back; we didn't use them. If you are staying for a while in the Chester area, you should consider vacation rentals by owner. There are tons of really nice vacation homes on the south side of the lake.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side face a retirement home and are quiet. We slept with our window open.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Leicestershire
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just South of Lassen Volcanic National Park in California - a convenient overnight stop - good hotel and rooms. Being 'picky' ... the breakfast choices were a bit limited in comparison with other Best Western hotels on our month long trip - but another good night's sleep before 547 miles drive to Twin Falls, Idaho - en-route to Yellowstone NP.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank quadrantpaul
Yorba Linda
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here three nights so we could visit Lassen Volcanic National Park. It is about thirty miles to the park but it worked out fine! It is a beautiful drive! The room was nice size and very clean. The breakfast was ok. No bacon or sausage and the hard boiled eggs still had the shell on which gets messy when you don't have a sink to wash them off! They were out of plain oatmeal. The Internet was hard to connect to but once you got on it worked fine! Everything else was good! We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard N
California Hot Springs, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We chose the Best Western in Chester for our visit to Lassen National Park because of the reviews we read on Trip Advisor and they were right on,great room and nice Breakfast.The desk clerk reccommended a good restaurant for dinner,it was a very good dinner.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frau
Santa Clarita, California, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife were on our last 2 days of a long 10 day vacation. We were spending a couple day's exploring Lassen Volcanic National Park. So we choose to stay in Chester, which is just about 30 minutes from the park. The rooms were fantastic, spacious, clean and comfortable. We were very happy we choose the Rose Quartz Inn.
John & LynNita Ellis

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JohnEllis3

Been to Best Western Rose Quartz Inn? Share your experiences!