“A Great Dining Experience in Chico”
Review of Leon Bistro

Leon Bistro
Ranked #8 of 321 Restaurants in Chico
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: One of Chico's finest dinner restaurants.Open for dinner Wed. through Sat. at 5 pm.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

First - the food here is phenominal! Much more than you would expect from looking at it from the outside. The combination of ingredients, flavors and textures are something that you would expect from a high-end Bay Area rest.
Second - Understand that this is a fine dining experience. I expect a meal of this caliber to take some time to prepare correctly. The two times that I have been here the service was outstanding, and so was the food. But it did take some time. If you are in a hurry go to In-and-Out Burger.
I highly recommend Leon Bistro for a great evening out. Allow for the time it takes. Prices I believe are very reasonable for the food. Don't miss out. Give it a try and form your own opinion.

1  Thank Craig M
There are newer reviews for Leon Bistro

Reviewed 3 March 2014

You can tell that the Chef here was trained by Alice Waters and others as well. The food is very good. I felt Cosseted and pampered by the food and the service. I feel a little bit stylish is a treat when I left. I think you will have the best Chico has to offer.

2  Thank Steven Y
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Evidently the evening we dined at Leon Bistro there was a serious problem in the kitchen. We waited about an hour for our meal to be served. The waitress apologized several times for the delay, and offered more bread. We did not care to fill up on bread as we anticipated our entree. Once the dinners arrived, we found them to be excellent. They were not only lovely to look at, but the combinations of flavors were so good. We were visiting in Chico and looked forward to treating our college student granddaugher and her roommate to a special dinner. The food was special, but the long wait dampened our enthusiasm. By the time we had finished the entree we were all tired and ready to leave and our granddaughter even passed on dessert. In retrospect, I think the offer of comping a dessert for the girls would have gone a long way to our leaving on a happier note.

1  Thank NanGS_10
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We are very happy that we decided to try Leon Bistro last Friday night. The food was as good as any five star restaurant in Vegas or NYC. I had the rack of lamb; that was perfectly prepared and the flavors were exquisite. My wife had the lamb shank and it was also done to perfection with very subtle and fine flavors. The service was without questions some of the finest and we have been to many fine restaurants over the years. As we were leaving the hostess came out to tell us that our server said that she really appreciated waiting on us and we said it was mutual.

1  Thank WillyWiz
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The menu, flavors and presentation (picture-worthy!) are extraordinary! It was difficult to decide what to order, and THEN the waitress described several specials! The bacon-wrapped shrimp (large shrimp wrapped in meaty bacon with a tasty sauce) and the mushroom crostini appetizers were delicious. We ordered lamb shanks and wild calamari steaks…both beyond delectable, and the portions are large. The lamb shank was extremely tender, served with polenta, green beans and yams. The only disappointment was that the waitress was well aware that it was a birthday celebration, and there was no offer of a complimentary dessert for the birthday person.

1  Thank NuttyAcres

Been to Leon Bistro? Share your experiences!