“Plan to order finger food.......”
Review of Monks Wine Bar - CLOSED

Monks Wine Bar
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My dear friend a d I stopped by on a Friday evening, no reservation but the lady said that was not a problem and we were taken to the patio at the back. Charming setting...which was fortunate as we had almost a forty minute wait before anyone spoke to us again. Huge apologies for the "delay", a scanty pour of a nice wine, still no water, napkin, fork, spoon...nada.
We grabbed her the next pass thru and ordered FOOD. Disappointing presentation and still without napkin, fork...we picked at our food until some one got close enough to help us with silverware. No water, "oh so sorry" numerous times.
Found the service deplorable, food mediocre and the lock on the all-gender bathroom door to NOT work. Other than all of that Mrs Lincoln, the evening was lovely.

1  Thank Nancy G

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I've known about monks for awhile now and I finally went in for dinner to treat my parents. What a perfect place for a Chico night! Had our pick of being able to people watch out the front window or be cozy in their new dining area. We chose people watching, although I must admit, the walker by-ers never took away from the amazing food that was infront of us. Started with Monk's meatball appetizer which was a hit especially with a beer I had never had before, called Buddah Beer! It was delightful, and my new favorite. From there we shared the Smokin Prawns in a creamy bacon cream sauce. Yes, it is as delicious as it sounds. And finally came our entrees. I can't even remember what my parents had because I was too busy licking my plate. The New Chef there had prepared an italian Surf and Turf of Lamb and Lobster! Both proteins were cokked perfectly, in a delicious sun dried tomato butter, with truffle and parmesan fingerling potatoes and grilled asparagus. I can't stop thinking about that meal. Still amazingly had enough room for a bit of Banana Fosters Bread Pudding...YUM! After seeing their Valentine's Day Menu and other upcoming events planned, will definitely make Monk's my regular Chico evening hotspot! Thanks fro a great Meal!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Could provide better quality and a lower price. We have stopped going there because of the inconsistence.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Nice ambiance. Unique menu selection compared to usual fare in the area. Upbeat, pleasant, courteous staff.

1  Thank gecko1001
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We have eaten at Monks twice in the past year. It is a bit pricey, but one of only a few outstanding restaurants in Chico. I would highly recommend it.