“Only One Night...”

Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Pasadena
“Only One Night...”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My son and I stayed just one night while visiting the college campus. The service was good and the room was clean. The only complaint was that the toilet was a little low and wiggled, but no other complaints. I will definitely stay there when I come to visit!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Leslie S
htlboss, Owner at University Inn, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Thanks for staying with us, Leslie! I appreciate you reminding us about the problems you had with your toilet. I think you'll be happy to hear our staff has since taken care of it!

Until next time,
Mohammad, Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chico
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Yes, it was an unfortunate experience. For the same cost, I went around the corner to Heritage Inn. Microwave, refrigerator, and a lot more than just warm water and packets of instant coffee, and cellophane snacks for breakfast. My friends in town kidded me for staying at the Vagabond, apparently this place was a dump in the 80's when we were college students and I didn't even know. I'm sorry my 16 year old daughter had to see this place. We WERE going to check out Chico College but now she's seen too much.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Loisann S
htlboss, Owner at University Inn, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
I'm sorry to hear that too, Loisann. We consider ours a great place to stay in Chico, so the last thing we want is for anyone to get the wrong impression of our standards and values. Although I'm disappointed we ultimately lost your business, I appreciate your candid feedback; I know it will only help us to improve.

Regards,
Mohammad, Owner

Travellers are raving about these Chico hotels

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We took a group of high school seniors here to visit the university. We weren't expecting much. We just wanted a basic, clean space for them to sleep. It wasn't remotely acceptable even for this purpose. There were roaches in the rooms. The sheets were stained with what looked like blood. The curtains were shredded to bits and there was mold on the walls! What a nightmare. The health department should shut this place down. I wish you could give a zero rating.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Lselkins
htlboss, Owner at University Inn, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Thanks for taking the time to follow up with us after your stay. The conditions you described in your review are in no way acceptable, nor do they fall in line with our standards for health and safety. Please know that we're actively working to correct these problems, and we really appreciate your feedback on the matter.

Thanks again,
Chico, California
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Hotel is right in the centre of Chico with plenty of parking. We received a very warm welcome from the manager who did the utmost to make sure we had everything we needed including bags of continental breakfast and a good discount. Room was clean with good facilities and perfect for two tired and dusty travelers.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cafsoul
htlboss, Owner at University Inn, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Thanks for staying with us! It's great to hear you got just the R&R you needed on your trip. I hope you'll keep us in mind next time you're passing through Chico!

Safe travels,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 February 2013

For the price, this hotel was a good stay for the price. It wasn't excellent quality but it wasn't bad either. The room was decent quality with minimal features but it was enough to get me through a good night.

Room Tip: Get a room on the west side for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ScolcesReviews
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This place is disgusting. Following checking in to my room I found garbage on my floor, a half used roll of toilet paper, holes in the sheets, and stains everywhere. After finding this I went to the front desk and asked for a manager, but was told that he would not be contacted nor would anything be done. I asked for my money back as well, but was told that because I booked online that I would not be refunded, despite being checked in to a filthy room. Justine, the woman at the front desk was the most unprofessional and rude employee I have ever encountered anywhere. In fact, after telling her of the problems in my room, she deliberately lied to me and said that the maids had not yet finished the room, and I was nearly screamed at. Of course after waiting for the maids to "finish the room" they never came. Phrases like "you don't know how our maids work" and other rude comments were the result of me notifying her that the room she gave me was disgusting. I left disgusted. This place sucks. Sleep in your car, in a box, but please not here.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Richard P
mattawan
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Are they paying people to jack up the rating? You have got to be kidding me, 3 STARS!!! Our room didn't look anything like the photo. When we picked this from a travel site, it had three stars. For the room I wouldn't give it any stars. This place is a DUMP! The cable line up was good. The sheets had stains on them on one bed and the other appeared to not have been changed. The bathroom towels had black hair on them. I tried not to touch anything and took by blanket home in a plastic bag to wash. SO Gross!!
We should have gotten our money back. Stay anywhere but there. Absolutely Awful.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends