Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Chico(Chico)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Don't know how this compares to area hotels, but the room was very small, dingy, a little musty. The bathroom was clean and the beds clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank netravels75
ABVIChico, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your gratitude towards our staff and facilities. We hope to be of service to you again.

Best Regards,
Americas Best Value Inn Chico.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

If you are on a very small budget, plan to spend very little time in the room and are a super sound sleeper, then this is a good value hotel. Otherwise, spend a little more to be comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank VentiCafe
ABVIChico, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to write a review and we appreciate your honesty. Our establishment is continually updating with renovations and we hope you see us in a new perspective if you decide to stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

read the reviews for this place all good recent reviews, and staff was friendly when I called to book. they asked if I wanted to give my email so they could send me future offers which I declined. went to check in only to find they had messed up my reservation and had me booked for the previous night. my husband over heard my call to book the room I was quite clear about which night I wanted even confirmed it 3 times. the staff at the desk was rude about it and incredulous and told me the price had gone up so I would have to pay the difference. also they would have charged me twice if they had been booked up the night before. also they would be talking with the staff who made the reservation to find out what really happened. the room smelled bad when I first walked in. as I looked around things got worse so here goes: room smelled, the knobs on the air unit were broken and came of in my hand, the curtains did not close so you could see thru to our room had to pin them shut and you could still see in the edges, they let in so much light around the edges the room never got dark enough to sleep, the carpet had burn marks in it and bumps that you tripped over, the lamp shades were stained, the lamp was broken, the only plug by the bed was an extension cord that the bed lamps and alarm were already plugged into so to charge my phone had to unplug the lamp, the furniture was metal like filing cabinets, the sheets had hair on them and there were no fitted sheets only two top sheets tucked in, the closet door rained bits of wall and paint when I tried closed it, the bathroom had badly patched wall and cracks, the toilet seat was lose, the tub moved around as you got out of it and the shower/faucet were not attached and wiggled back and forth a few inches, the window and walls were so thin you could hear everything and it was on a busy street near a fire house. I have never paid so much money for such little quality.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank k r
ABVI T, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Traveler,

As a courtesy to you, we waived the charge for the no-show reservation. We do appreciate your business, and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences, however if you had brought your concerns to us promptly, we would have addressed all issues to make your stay as comfortable as possible. In your review you mention our tubs moving, however this hotel has always had immobile tubs, given this observation we questioned whether or not you had reviewed the correct hotel. As for the bedding in the room, our linen is done exclusively through a third party company, where they are cleaned, ironed, and inspected. This all comes to us as a surprise, since on just the 24th of February, we received 97% on our Quality Insurance inspection by America's Best Value chain. Again we apologize that your stay was not up to expectation, and hope for your continued business. Our hotel is conveniently located in beautiful downtown Chico, very close to Chico State University, as well as many of the finest restaurants and night-life establishments that Chico has to offer. We value your business and can assure you that we strive to take care of our guests.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I recommend this hotel for a business trip. Comfortable. Clean. Good wireless network (Wi-Fi). And especially the staff is very kind, polite, and they help us with all the information we need.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank rodrigomorenomarques
ABVI T, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

It was our pleasure to serve you on your stay. Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write and let us know how we are doing. We wish you best of luck and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Rooms are ok. Staff is nice. I think I will pass next time.
There are better hotels you can find with better value. If there is mo other choice this won't be bad choice.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank RenoRailroadnut

Dear Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your honesty and if you do stay with us again we will provide our best service to help you stay satisfied. We appreciate your nice comments as we find them rewarding to hear.