Americas Best Value Inn
Quality Inn, Near Chico State(Chico)(Great Value!)
US$134
Safari Inn(Chico)
US$60
US$138
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Honestly, I was a little hesitant about this hotel just because the reviews made it sound horrible. However, most reviews regarding Chico hotels/motels were pretty bad too. I decided to take a risk on this one since it was closer to the downtown area. Everything went well and I had no problems during my four-day stay.

The room and bathroom were clean. I didn't see any weird stains, hairs or dead bodies. The only thing that really bothered me was the TV. It's an older model and some of the channels made annoying hissing sounds and I had to change the channel or turn the TV off.

Also, the curtains don't close completely. Just use a safety pin or something else to bring them together. You don't want your strange neighbors starring at you from the window as you sleep.

Cool stuff: They have continental breakfast until 9 a.m. and offer strong free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sim_Card524
ABVI T, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest review. We do agree with some of your points that both compliment and criticize. Our rooms are clean and our staff is courteous. The price is affordable and the value is great. We have replaced any curtains that aged and didn't function properly. As far as the T.V.'s go, they are a work in progress and we are updating them monthly to brand new flat-screens. We are always accommodating and willing to move guests to a different room depending on availability.

Thanks again for the review, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I am torn between 2 and 3 stars for this room.

Upon arrival the man at the check-in was very friendly. Hotels.com booked us in a smoking and he asked us if we wanted non-smoking instead and I said yes. He quickly changed that. So I would give that a 4 star rating.

Upon walking by each room, the windows were open that were unoccupied. I thought that was odd. The room however was very small. We had two doubles and there was no much extra space. There was a desk and older television. The bathroom was a nice size, but just seemed a little dirtier than other hotels I have stayed in. The towels were thin and worn.2 Stars for the bathroom.

There was an odd door and we opened it and it was a closet. The strangest thing was there were some towels on the shelf that looks used (not folded, just piled).

The beds were okay. I saw a stain on one of the sheets and I threw the comforter off. Room & Bed 2 Stars.

I didn't make it to breakfast, but I did see cereal holders and a microwave at check in.

Did not use pool.

Location was right near downtown. We walked to the farmers market but after that closed, it seemed a little sketchy. Location 3.

I went with 2 stars overall just based on pure instinct and the room. Cheapest hotel in Chico for the price (as we needed just one night). I don't plan on visiting Chico again but if I did, I would stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: No elevator, get a floor room if you have a lot to carry.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
ABVI T, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear
We value your input. As you mentioned, we have a wonderful staff eager to give you great service so we thank you for mentioning that. It seems as though you were not satisfied with the quality of our inventory, but we are still considered an economy hotel. Besides that, we strive to offer our guests a pleasant stay with clean rooms and comfortable beds for a good night's rest

Best Regards

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed here for the first time last week. Good location, decent room but the whole motel turned into a college party lasting well past 3 am. Yes, it was a holiday weekend but really....should we all be subject to screaming, loud music and swimming in the pool all hours? Sorry, ABV but you don't get my business again! You didn't care enough about your non-partying customers who were trying to sleep. And we found it strange that the swimming pool had a notice sign posted about people with diarrhea needing to keep out....GROSS!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 88jet88
ABVI T, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Dear Guest, we are very sorry you weren't satisfied with your stay. Labor day weekend was a bit noisy, but it was not party central. There was no loud music playing and no one getting out of hand. The pool sign that we have posted is actually a requirement from the county for all pools, not just ours. We certainly do care and appreciate all of our guests.

Best Regards

Reviewed 29 August 2013

The staff was friendly, the check-in was prompt, and the room had everything I needed. Also convenient was the location: it's nearby downtown where all the restaurants are, banks, the post office - all within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
ABVI T, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear Guest. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our service and location. Thank you for your input and hope to see you again very soon

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Somehow I got booked in to a smoking room even though I've never smoked and always ask for non-smoking rooms, but I ended up with a smoking room. When I asked for a non-smoking room the person behind the counter said she couldn't do it. She spent several minutes on the computer and gave up.
OK, it was late, I was hot and tired and needed a place to clean up, cool off, and sleep so I took the room.
Although the web site said they had wifi, it wasn't working.
And strangely, all the smoke and fire alarms had been removed from the room. The wires were just sticking out of the ceiling and wall.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank dougboone
ABVI T, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Travelor,
We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We encourage everyone booking, especially from third party sites like expedia, orbitz etc.. to always make sure that you are booking a non-smoking room. A lot of times these sites only guarantee you a room, but they won't guarantee a non-smoking room. If we have a non-smoking room available, we are delighted to accommodate you accordingly. In the event this is not possible, than there is not much we can do. All of our rooms come with smoke detectors. Had you let us known your room did not have one. We would have installed one right away. We certainly thank you for your feedback and your business. Best Regards