Heritage Inn Express Chico
US$171
US$88
Quality Inn, Near Chico State(Chico)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$212
US$188
Safari Inn(Chico)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsunder new managementroom choicefront desk managerdecent placerestaurants and shopsseveral yearsvisit chicowe've stayedrooms are cleankellydowntownhousekeeperstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2009

The good: it's a nice location. Walk easily to Chico's downtown restaurants, the university, etc.

The bad: it is really noisy. The wireless internet was "out for ten days." The decor, stained carpet, and furniture, including the beds, should have been replaced YEARS ago; it is really uncomfortable because of this. The cheap beds are hard as plywood and the linens look like they came from a thrift store. My first few minutes in the room, I turned on the tv, and seconds later it popped and went off, followed by the insidious burning plastic and rubber smell. To their credit, they had a guy in the room with a new one within minutes; he then complained that all of the tvs had been going out because they're so old and the owners wouldn't replace anything. After his comment I began to notice that, yes, the place reeks of the kind of thrift you would not expect to see in a Motel 6. And that's where the bargain ends.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2009

I thought the room would be clean and nice since the lobby looked ok but that was not the case. The room smelled and it looked like the maid had spend five minutes in there and she forgot to vacuum. When I spoke to the lobby person about changing rooms she refused and hinted that I was not telling the truth and that I could check out and get a refund if I did not want to stay there. I did just that in less then a minute. Never going back.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2008

I just got back from staying at this hotel for Halloween weekend. My overall experience was great, I was looking for a clean place, close to downtown bars and restaurants, where I could recoup in quiet with my gf after partying. The rooms were clean and quiet, and I got upgraded to a suite for free. It had all the usual amenities including a jacuzzi which i did not use. There was complementary welcome packages including most notably advil and a razor, which i did take advantage of. I saw an ethernet jack above the mini-desk, but I didnt bring my computer so I can't vouch for any included internet. Overall my price was about 100 bucks a night, and they wanted one night's deposit in advance upon checking in. I plan to stay at the same place (and hopefully same room) next time I need to visit Chico.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2008

My wife and I were in Chico for the weekend to visit our Daughter, a sophmore at CSU Chico.

Unfortunately, this is not the place to stay if you want a reasonably peaceful and good night of sleep. No doubt this hotel's reasonable rates and proximity to the downtown attract customers and friends of customers that enjoy the weekend nightlife in the downtown.

On Saturday night the noise started at around 1:30 AM, as the late night crowd with their friends stumbled back to the hotel for a little more partying, and got really bad at 3:00 AM when three police cars showed up. The ruckus continued until close to 4am.

Strongly recommend not staying at this location if you want to get any sleep.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 28 April 2008

Decent hotel/motel located on the South end of downtown. We stayed in a suite. There were 2 seperate rooms (no door), 1 king bed and a single-size pullout sofa. It also had a kitchenette with small refrigerator, microwave, and sink. The rooms were a little dated but decent. It had a jacuzzi bathtub that was nice. The complex has an unheated pool that was clean and even though the water was still a bit cold in April the kids still enjoyed it. The continental breakfast was nothing to write home about but it was adequate. There is plenty of dining and shopping within walking distance and the university was about 7 blocks away. Chico Natural Foods is conveniently located right across the street.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family