“Absolutely Terrible!”
Review of Town House Motel

Town House Motel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I booked a room for 4 days. On my second day I left in the morning and did not return to my room until late evening (around 10:00pm). To my surprise everything in my room was gone! The manager thought I wasn't coming back (for some idiotic reason) an he said they are busy and needed to rent the room to someone who walked in. All my things were set by the pool and only about 20% of my things were still there. On top of that i did not get my money back. I asked for a 100% refund and he told me that He couldn't give me a penny back. His wife then came out and told me that they didn't keep enough money in the drawer to give me a refund. Im in the process of pressing charges and am still very upset about my stay. I would not recommend this motel to ANYONE!

• Stayed: March 2011
14  Thank Dalthurst

Reviewed 9 November 2009

I went to this motel because it was the only one we could get last minute and with good rates. I read the reviews and told my daughter she better bring her sleeping bag. When I arrived I was very relieved! This property has been renovated. Its not the Hilton but its great for a budget motel. I few months back we stayed at the Days Inn in Chico and this motel is by far much better. If you are just planing n sleeping in this motel is fine. The only thing I didnt like were the pilow. If you like fluffy bring your own.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sjepson
Reviewed 10 October 2009

The good: Rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. There are heavy drapes on the windows. New tile in the bathroom. New Formica on the sinks. Very good quality air conditioner. Very inexpensive.
The bad: Misleading advertising.
1. The listing for this motel states "comp internet access". Only a part truth. About 1/4 of the rooms have internet access in their room. Guests in the other rooms must join the mosquitoes outside in order to get internet access.
2. "continental breakfast snack". No way!
3. "hair dryer". I tried for three days to get a working hair dryer to no avail.
In conclusion: Don't expect much. And don't believe their advertising. I really need internet access when traveling. And I was really bummed when I couldn't get it.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank jsdive
Reviewed 23 October 2006

We booked two rooms months in advance. Due to the sleeping situation we needed both rooms to have 2 double beds which were confimed in the reservation. When we went to check in, one of our rooms with double beds became a room with a single king bed. They claimed they couldn't offer us the two rooms we booked in advanced because they had walk-in customers and they had to serve them first. On top of not giving us the rooms we reserved they had confirmed over the phone at the time of booking that kids stayed free... but when we went to check in, each kid suddenly cost the same as an additional adult.

• Stayed: October 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank gtbayarea
Reviewed 4 May 2005

To start with, the rooms are dank and dirty. Secondly, an employee of the hotel STOLE things from my room! Right after we had checked out, I realized I'd left in the room a bag containing some clothes I'd just purchased. When I went back up to the room, my new clothes were gone! I thought maybe housekeeping had found them and put them in lost and found, but they claimed they never saw a bag and I must not have left it there. I complained to the manager, and she was downright hostile about it, making me think SHE was probably the one who got my clothes!

• Stayed: March 2005, travelled on business
7  Thank RenoJennifer
A TripAdvisor Member
glide, oregon
Reviewed 26 August 2004

This is a terrible place to stay. The people are not freindly, the rooms ARE NOT CLEAN, and they gave me a smoking room when I specifically asked for non-smoking. The pool was dirty, and there were fire ants all around it. They did not seem to care at all when I expressed any dissatisfaction. I will never stay there again. Motel 6 is a much cleaner, cheaper and pleasant, and you know exactly what to expect.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 14 August 2004

BAD! BAD! BAD!
My daughter's car had broken down on her way up to Chico with all her belonging to move into her new apartment. My husband and I made last minute reservations at the Town House Motel in Chico at 9:30 PM because we thought we would have to drive her up. I told the motel clerk that we would be arriving late around 1 AM. We met up with my daughter and were able to get the car restarted. We immediately called the Town House Motel shortly after 11PM to cancel our reservations. No one picked up the phone and I left a phone message with my phone number. No one called back. We tried periodically to call on our drive home, but continually no one picked up the phone. I called the motel the next morning and was told we were charged for the room and no one works at the desk after 11 PM. He said that he could have rented the room for $30 more that night because they were busy (during that 1 1/2 hour period!). I told the clerk how was I to check in at 1 AM if no one is working at the desk. He hung up on me!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member