“Try this Thai”

House of Bamboo
Ranked #214 of 321 Restaurants in Chico
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Having enjoyed Thai food for years, I talked my husband into visiting the House of Bamboo last year. Ever since the first visit, I had been trying to go again. The Thai Tea was the best I have ever tasted. All the dishes were prepared with care and tasted fresh, not over-spiced. I live an hour away but was excited today as my daughter and her friend accompanied me for lunch. My daughter enjoyed the Asparagus and chicken, her companion chose the Pad Thai and I relished the Red Curry. If you have room for dessert, the Purple Rice is scrumptious. Today, we did not have room for dessert but took two servings of the Purple Rice to go, it is that good! And here is the kicker, my daughter's friend has worked in Thai restaurants before, but I did not hesitate to take him there. He was more than pleased, in fact he was impressed!

There are newer reviews for House of Bamboo

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Julie Ye, a former dietician, following her dream has created a beautiful, soothing Southeast Asian restaurant. It had been recommended on Trip Advisor before. We were slightly startled to find it empty when we arrived for lunch. Julie told us that the Chico students generally go to fast food places. Her regular clientele tends to be more sophisticated and generally comes in the evening.
We harken from San Francisco where wonderful food always beckons. Ms. Ye's food is of that quality.
She does her own prep with locally sourced ingredients and prepares her own sauces. We always ask for the spice tray in Thai and Vietnamese restaurants. She demurred and asked that we try the food first. We did, and each dish was distinctly and perfectly flavored.
This will be my first choice to dine every time we visit Chico.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Good fusion of Vietnamese and Thai food. Eggplant dish is one of our favorites. We have never had less than excellent food here and we highly recommend it.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Great Pad Thai; nice restaurant, great service and wonderful food. There were no other customers as we visited when the restaurant just opened for dinner. We will visit there again!

Been to House of Bamboo? Share your experiences!