“Great place to stay in Chico” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Chico

Residence Inn Chico
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Chico
California
“Great place to stay in Chico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while doing a Chico State tour for our daughter. We were greeted by two friendly ladies upon checking in. Asked if we had any preferences for room location. We did and they were able to accommodate us. Our room was clean and decent size for the 3 of us. Breakfast options were beyond my expectations in comparison of other hotels. Good coffee, oatmeal, waffles, fruit and yogurt options. Very friendly people who work here and we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I can't get over how nice my stay was. This is a very clean, attractive property that is visible from the freeway (easy to find). The breakfast was the best complimentary fare I've had in any hotel (including Embassy Suites) - good variety, but what really impressed me was the quality and presentation - granted, it wasn't very busy when I was there but I was still impressed that the serving area was kept immaculate. The room was spacious and functional - it had both a table and a desk - very helpful for business travellers. No problems with WiFi speed, even uploading/downloading files. There was real silverware and ceramic dishes in the cupboards and they even included a snack (popcorn) along with the standard in-room coffee and tea. Bed was comfortable, adjustable showerhead was great... although I didn't have an extended stay this time, I wouldn't hesitate to book one here in the future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Shani K
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stayed in Chico for one night while visiting our daughter. The location is easily accessible off the 99 Hwy, the hotel is quiet and secure and the room was very clean. The room we stayed in was on the bottom floor, king bed and had a nice kitchen area. The bed was very comfortable and there were several choices of pillows. Very nice accommodations if you have to stay one night but especially several nights. We will stay there again when we come to Chico.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
San Luis Obispo, Ca.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We went to check out the college for our daughter graduating this year. I booked a room on Expedia that said it was a studio suite. It said it had a King bed, Queen bed & pull out sofa. The room only had a King & a sofa bed. There are no other options so the website was misleading. We arrived late Friday evening. The hotel staff were very accommodating and friendly. We had a choice of which floor we wanted. The room was very clean and decorated nicely. There were other guests that had their dogs with them, I noticed, if that is helpful for some. Overall I would highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: We stayed on an end room on the second floor in the main building. It was quiet and there was no tra...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SLOCALOCAL
Reno, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

This location was right off hwy 99 and easy to find. Love the look of the lobby, made me feel right at home. Great place to stay if your staying a long time. Enjoyed the clean fitness room and the hours they were open fit my scheduale. Parking was a bit tight and hard to find parking since they share with the fairfiled Inn. (i think thats the name) Only the only thing I didnt like was that you could hear the freeway at night. Other than that I could not ask for a better stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from freeway noise
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bob W
Lori E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chico, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Hi Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn, Chico. I do apologize for the freeway noise that you experienced. When you are in Chico again, please request a room on the interior side and we will do our best to accommodate you. We look forward to seeing you again!

Have a great day!

~Lori
Edmond, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

Stayed here for a week while delivering consulting for a local healthcare customer. From check-in through departure, my experience was excellent. The property is immaculate and impeccably maintained. Front desk staff are warm and welcoming. The gentleman who runs the manager's reception each evening is one of the most pleasant individuals I've ever met.

My 2 bedroom suite was absolutely perfect. The kitchen was complete with a full compliment of dinnerware, flatware, glassware, and cookware. The bed provided a good night's sleep, and everything in the bathroom worked well. I really enjoyed the gas logs in the fireplace. Very convenient! Power was available at tabletop level which made my after-hours work easier. I could eat, watch television, and work online all from one spot.

My customer site was just a quick buzz up CA-99 a couple of miles, and I didn't have a single problem with traffic morning or evening.

I spend more nights in Marriott properties than I do my own bed, and RI Chico was the best experience I've had in a good while. Thank you!

Room Tip: The owner needs to install automatic sliding doors for the main entry. Pull-to-open doors belong on...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your response! We strive to make our Residence Inn a home away from home for our guests. I will pass on all of your comments to our staff. They thrive on hearing that our guests had a great stay while in Chico. We are looking into the front door issue, and I hope that I can get that resolved in the near future. I hope that if you are ever in the Chico area again, that you decide to stay with us.

Happy and safe travels!

~Lori
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

My second time staying here and not disappointed. I had booked a two bedroom suite for four adults - 2 singles and a couple with a small child - it worked ok. Location is on the south of Chico and while very near good shopping and food (and the BEST brewery in the Sierra Nevada just up the road) it can be a bit out of the way if you need to visit the north side of town. Small problem with a plugged toilet once but quickly taken care of by the friendly staff.

Breakfast and evening functions always a great feature of Residence Inns and with a full kitchen about the only place for families staying a number of nights to consider.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lori E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chico, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Thank you for your response. I am so happy to hear that our two bedroom suite accomodated your most recent stay. We really hope to see you back again in the future. Happy travels!

Lori Ellersick