Residence Inn Chico
Quality Inn, Near Chico State(Chico)(Great Value!)
US$118
QualityInn
US$114
BestWestern.com
Courtyard Chico(Chico)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsseparate bedroomfront deskparking lotquiet sidewafflesfree breakfastwould definitely stay here againnice breakfastvisiting familyhousekeeping staffa great stayflat screenbidwell parkcourtyardfreewaylobbystove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed one night. We asked for a pool facing ground floor room as it was winter time. The parking was close by and wide enough for a mini van. NIce having two rooms for a family. Son slept in the sleeper sofa. The bathroom in our room was accessible only through the bedroom which was rather small in the standard room. We had a nice stay and really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast the next day. The breakfast had more choices and was tastier than I expected for a free breakfast. Both my friend and I liked the coffee. Staff very professional and friendly. I would stay here again. I could hear the trains running a little at night as I kept the window open. I would wear earplugs next time as I am sensitive to any noises. Very clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank StephNovato
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed here for two nights. Staff is very friendly and helpful and this is right next to the exit for good restaurants. Good parking and a decent jacuzzi. Stayed in a two bedroom and the full kitchen is great.

Room Tip: Choose room away from streetside
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is a very comfortable, clean and quiet property. I stayed here during a week when it was full with firefighters (battling the nearby wild fires), and yet I never heard a peep all night! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was particularly fond of the older gentleman who works the breakfast and evening appetizers. He was so sweet and kind. The rooms were large, and the bed was comfortable. My only complaint was poor pillows. I asked for firmer pillows, but there were none. I often find this is a problem at Residence Inns, so I wasn't surprised. Still, it's nice place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank vanclaners
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This is probably the best place to stay in Chico.

The parking lot is well lit and close to the rooms. Request a room away from the highway and during the hot months away from the pool. The pool gets a lot of activity all day/night long during the hot weather.

The evening meals are decent and a money savings, though not served on Saturday or Sunday nights. Monday dinners are a light fare - finger foods, soup or chili. Included with dinner for adults is your choice of (2) glasses of beer or wine. Breakfasts are served every day and always have something for everyone - scrambled eggs, waffles, toast, muffins, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurts, coffee, milk, tea & hot cocoa.

We had a 2 bedroom suite. The bedrooms were on opposite sides of the common living room. each had it's own attached full bath. This was perfect for 2 couples, those traveling with friends or with kids or teens.

Of course every night there are hot fresh baked cookies at the front desk (while they last).

Loud neighboring guests and on the floor above can be disruptive. To prevent "elephants on the roof" from disturbing you - request a room on the third floor.

The doorbell on out suite was the most ear piercing shrill, attached to strobes. No soft "ding-dong". Kids ringing doorbells down the hallway caused some terrifying moments.

Room Tip: THIRD FLOOR and away from the freeway. Do not get a room facing the pool during hot weather.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TiredWorldTraveler
Lori E, Manager at Residence Inn Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We strive to give each guest a "home away from home" experience, every stay. We look forward to your next stay in Chico.

Lori Ellersick

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night on my way back to Reno on a road trip. The front deck was nice at check in. After checking in we started getting the sofa bed ready for use. After pulling out the bed there was a large brown spot on the mattress. Looking for the bedding we found an empty bag were the bedding should be on the floor in the closet. After getting the bedding from the front desk we found the sheets had warn holes in them. In the morning the shower was dirty with long hairs on the shower curtain. The housekeeping department needs to pay more attention to details to make this place better.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends