“Great hotel”

Residence Inn Chico
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a newer property. Rooms are very clean and new. The swimming pool is salt water. The breakfast was pretty standard with lots of tables and outdoor seating nearby. Rooms all have kitchens with all you need to cook. We had a two bedroom suite which was great for our family.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mybeach101f

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We came to Chico for husbands family reunion. So there were about 4 families staying throughout their hotel. This particular hotel was the nicest hotel we stayed in out of our excursion up the California coast. Our room was really nice! It was large, very clean, had a full kitchen, king bed, sofa that turned into a bed. All of the front desk staff we interacted with were super friendly and kind. The breakfast that came with our room really surprised me. it was delish! It was a buffet style with the norm of yogurt, cereal, waffle maker, toast juices, coffee, but then every morning for the hot food they'd have something different. scrambled eggs, potatoes mixed with veggies and sausage, eggs benedict, turkey bacon, etc... When we'd get back from visiting family, a lot of us headed straight for the pool. it wasn't large- but it was great for the little ones- they had a BLAST! My only complaint is that there was one particular guy who came out and 'babysat' us on the last night we were there. He came out to the pool area and stood there for 15 minutes telling us the pool was going to close and scowling and dictating the children. That would have sat better with me if he came to one of the MANY adults in the pool area and communicated with us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Love this facility. it's off the busy downtown area in Chico but still is conveniently located in the middle of everything. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. The pool area is clean. The size of the pool is perfect for little kids. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Good place but starting to go down a notch...

We've been staying at the Residence Inn at least once a year for the past 5 years now and this past visit, it seemed like the place has started to lose something. The staff still seems friendly and efficient but not quite as precise as before. When we checked in, we got pretty much what we requested, though there were plenty of vacancies so they could have upgraded us perhaps. Managers receptions were nice but rather inefficient and the food was hardly appealing. One night they had nothing but rather stale and tasteless iceberg lettuce along with baked potatoes and condiments of cheese whiz, butter, sour cream, or salsa. Breakfasts had the usual powdered scrambled eggs, meat, potatoes but the things seemed a bit old. Pastries were very limited and the fresh fruit (pineapple) wasn't very ripe. It was surprisingly limited selections over what they had in the past. One day when we returned from a day out we discovered it was 4:30 and our room was still not serviced. We called the front desk and they got someone to take care of this promptly but it left me wondering if this would have been a complete oversight if we didn't call them. We had to call the front desk because our room didn't have one of this luggage racks to hold our luggage -- the front desk said that none of the rooms had luggage racks but they'd borrow one from the Courtyard (which they did do). Everything just seemed a little lower than what we had experienced before. Still, I'm not sure there is anything better in the Chico area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ECL
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I arrived about 3 am after driving over 11 hours...from stem to stern, this is a place that "Gets It". Cassie is a superstar among some very stellar employees. If you are a road warrior or just a vacationer, this place will make you feel like you belong!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank StoneAlone
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a very nice stop in Chico. Right off the main drag (Highway 99) it's easy to access and a handy location. Room was clean with fresh linens all around. Super friendly staff. The latest newspapers (Chico, USA Today, WSJ) and nice breakfast selections.

Would definitely stay here again. Another plus...close to Sierra Nevada Brewery and restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

When I made the reservation, I told the hotel directly I want to pay cash. When I checked in, I told the front desk want to pay cash. Both times, I was td no problem. The morning of my checkout, my receipt showed my CC had been charged. When I asked why, the front desk told me it wasn't her that promised me that and she wouldhave to reverse the charge and it wouldn't showdor several days. Never said sorry.... Upon checkin, I told thedesk I was a Marriott card holder but didn't know my number. She said she would take care of it, but never did. The room was great and breakfast is very good. Staff does not pay attention to details and I was not happy with their customer service. Will stay somewhere else on my next trip to Chico.

• Stayed: June 2014