“Courtyard Chico”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Canyondam, California
“Courtyard Chico”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Very clean..helpful & friendly staff. Room very large and bright. Breakfast very yummy and reasonable. Restaurant nearby for dinner..yummy Italian..walking distance. We would recommend and stay again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Because of their loyalty program we stay in Marriotts often, but even a Platinum status doesn't rate a free breakfast here. The room was perfectly adequate, the desk staff friendly and attentive, and the lobby is large and gracious. Breakfast at their "Bistro", while expensive, was actually delicious. But when traveling to Chico again I'll stay at the cozier Oxford Suites, with their free (though NOT delicious!) breakfast and wine or beer in the evening.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Tyler G, General Manager at Courtyard Chico, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and found the staff to be friendly and attentive and the Bistro food to be delicious! I understand your desire to have a free breakfast. I wanted to let you know that we do have rates that include a breakfast package and we also have the Residence Inn by Marriott next door and they do have breakfast included in the rate. Thank you for staying at the Courtyard in Chico and we do hope to see you again in the future.
Maryland
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This hotel does not differ greatly from others in the Courtyard chain. Clean room, professional staff, no problems with the wifi, good temperature controls. It still offers free coffee in the lobby, something many other Courtyards have abandoned. I stayed on the side away from the highway, and while I could still hear the highway, it was not obtrusive.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MarylandTraveler75
Tyler G, General Manager at Courtyard Chico, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for your review! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Hollister
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Whenever I need to stay in Chico, I always stay at the Oxford Suites. This time, the Oxford Suites was not available so I decided to try the Courtyard. The hotel itself seems nice, the decor and set up for me seems European/modern and for me it felt sterile and impersonal and not very welcoming.
The good things. Location is not bad. The staff is very nice and attentive. Light in bathroom is nice and bright just like I like it. The hairdryer turn on/off button is actually on the hairdryer not on the unit that attaches to the wall. The shower head actually has a nice strong jet, unlike some hotels I have stayed at in the past. There is free internet access.The rooms have all of the standard basics, a refrigerator, iron and ironing board, small personal coffee maker, standard toiletries, etc.
The negative things. Rooms are a bit small, if more than 2 people are in the room, it makes it seem as if you are on top of each other. The bed faces a large window. No complimentary breakfast or afternoon cocktails. In the end it was an ok and average stay. However, I do receive more for my money when I stay at the Oxford suites as my rate there includes breakfast and afternoon cocktails and snacks. The rooms are also larger at the Oxford suites.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lauretta64
Tyler G, General Manager at Courtyard Chico, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for your comments! I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and found the staff to be nice and attentive. We always strive to provide excellent customer service and I will pass your comments on to the staff. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review and I hope we will see you again in the future.
Sutter Creek, California
Reviewed 26 September 2013

So, one of those modern situations....two couples and everyone has a different last name. Still, no issue checking in, lots of friendly jokes and lots of information on where to go, what to see, etc. We are regulars at Courtyard by Marriott, we love them in most cities where we stay. So, the difference is, when the staff loves their jobs and it shows. This is one of those places.
The only comment I have is that the carpeting in the hallways is getting worn, but the rooms are crystal clean with a new linen scheme. We enjoyed our stay and will return when we are in the area.

Room Tip: Actually this hotel is far enough off the highway that most any room on an upper floor is good. We...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Tyler G, General Manager at Courtyard Chico, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for your review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff will be so happy to hear that you had such a great experience! Also I wanted to let you know that we are scheduled for a room renovation in the next year and will be replacing all guest room and hallway carpet. Thank you again and I hope we will see you again soon!
Delmont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 September 2013

First of all, this hotel is in an excellent location with easy access to the highway. That's one way it's ideal. But, the rest has to do with the place and the people. From the moment we walked in, we felt welcome and relaxed. The lobby is the new variety with The Bistro and comfortable seating. The staff couldn't be nicer. I heard a young couple asking the receptionist about bus service. She didn't know herself, but went to look for someone who could help. The servers at The Bistro were fabulous! Nothing was too much trouble for these guys. We had breakfast there every day for amazing prices and quality and we had drinks in the evening which we took outside to a cute, though small, outdoor space.
The rooms are standard Marriott, spacious, clean and attractive. One con is that the bathroom door always closes unless you prop it open. Makes you feel like you're incarcerated because it's so heavy. I did have a minor emergency. I was drying my hair to go to dinner and the dryer stopped working. I called the front desk and within 10 minutes, I had a new dryer.
I would go back to this Marriott any time I am in the area. The Courtyards may all be similar, but the people and service make the place here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GitanaUSA
Thank you for your review! I am so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience at our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. They will be so happy! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The room was clean and the pool area was nice. I appreciated the fact that there was a dedicated computer in the lobby for checking in with the airlines. It was not turned on and running though. I had difficulty accomplishing this task on the other computers in the lobby. Hot drinks are available in the morning and are kept out until the run out.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NewName123
Tyler G, General Manager at Courtyard Chico, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments! I am so glad that you enjoyed our hotel and pool area. I appreciate you mentioning the issues you experienced with our lobby computers. I have had the compters serviced and the connections updated. Thank you again and I hope that we will see you again soon.