“a quantum leap from Chico's two star hotels”
Review of Courtyard Chico

Courtyard Chico
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Houghton, Michigan
“a quantum leap from Chico's two star hotels”
Reviewed 29 July 2010

After reading the poor reviews for Chico's two stars hotels, I booked a room at the Marriott Chico to stay at a conference. We paid far less than the nearly $300 price listed on the door, but more than most two star hotels where my husband and I usually stay when I go to conferences. This hotel was so much better than I expected. The room was enormous. Its roomy bathroom was well-lighted, had marble counters and soft towels The large bedroom had an office area, attractive wood furnishings, beautiful artwork, two exceptionally comfortable king-sized beds and coffee in the room and in the lobby. Glad we stayed here and it was a nice place to bring my husband on our trip but having a car is important because most attractions in Chico were at least a mile from this hotel and it was very very hot outside. It was nice to have free access to the Internet while it was fairly slow, it did allow me to check my email.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank MarriedWidow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Frankfurt
Reviewed 5 April 2010

The location is a little bit of the city center but very easy to reach by car. The sierra nevada brewery is close by. Hotel parking was no problem.
As the hotel was just undergoing renovation, I feared that this might make our stay less enjoyable. Fortunately this was not the case. For in inconvenience, we received a free continental breakfast and earplugs. Late we did not need as the construction started at 10 am only and ended at 6pm.
The indoor poor is nicely maintained and of good size for such a hotel.
Free internet and printing in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
University Place, WA
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Had a 2-week assignment in Chico, and so was camped out in this Courtyard for 14 days. The staff was really friendly and it has everything you need to get by ... well, except for your friends and family, haha, the perils of business travel, right? The reason I love to stay at Courtyard's when I have to travel for business is because it is so predictable. So, I recommend it, although, I don't necessarily recommend Chico, if you have a choice.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
California
Reviewed 7 October 2009

It is a typical business traveler hotel. The biggest disappointment I had with this hotel was the lack of fridges in the rooms and the breakfast that had zero items that are free. We stayed here for 3 weeks with my 3 yr old son and my husband and myself and we had to request a small dorm style fridge each time which they only had limited quantities. The rooms were clean and the housekeepers very friendly. The front desk staff had a mixture of super friendly helpful people and some who didn't quite seem to know what they were doing. For example we booked a room with Priceline and we were told by a night shift clerk we could upgrade to a jacuzzi suite if one came available, we just had to check with front desk in the morning. So we did and we were denied our request so not sure why we were told we could in the first place. Plus I expected for a normal nightly rate of over $100 you would get some sort of complimentary breakfast, even fruit and toast but the only thing free was the juice and milk and coffee.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
baltimore
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Went to Chico on business and stayed at the Courtyard. The lobby is nice but the front desk was not attentive. The room was basic room with bed, desk, chair, but needed attention. The curtins were falling down, the tv needs to be updated and you could hear people overhead. One night the person upstairs ran the shower for over an hour. It sounded like it was in my room. I called the front desk to have them check on the person and they came to my room to listen to the noise. They called back but they said they did not go to the room to check on them, but eventually the shower stopped. Well after an hour of running. I would hope someone would check on me if I ran a shower for an hour in a hotel room just in case I fell or something. Not impressed with this Marriott.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Lafayette
Reviewed 2 October 2009

Our daughter is attending her second year at Chico State. We were given little guidance that it is necessary to book well in advance for accommodations when visiting your student. Our first year experience we learned quickly that one must book well in advance or you are out of luck and settling for dives of motels. The Marriott location may at first seem that you are further away from your student than you like, but it really is just a short drive away from downtown. The lobby is very nice for reading the morning paper and relaxing. The rooms are spacious, contemporary and very nice. I was disappointed in the exercise room with low quality equipment cycle and trend mills and no weights. Indoor pool did not use on last visit but was small in size,. The front desk staff very helpful in directing us to things to do while our student hangs with their friends. Showed us maps and directions for riding our bikes and hikes. I strongly recommend the next family weekend for Chico State families is book your room here. You will not be disappointment.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Clovis, CA
Reviewed 30 September 2009

I arrived in the evening and was greeted by friendly receptionists, who volunteered plenty of information about the hotel and local attractions for my family. We were just passing through on our way back home, but would have gladly taken the advice. The room was very nice, clean and QUIET. There is a low-price buffet breakfast available in the hotel. We enjoyed the indoor pool and spa. Every staff member I encountered was very courteous and outgoing. Really enjoyed this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family