“Great value for a beautiful hotel”
Review of Hotel Diamond

Hotel Diamond
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed 20 February 2009

Traveling through Chico we decided to stop and have dinner. We ended up staying at the Hotel because it was to nice to pass up. I will now stop in Chico every time I am traveling through for work. The Hotel is so nice and the beds are so comfortable! I could not believe the price for such an upscale property.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel Diamond, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 February 2009

I recently stayed at Hotel Diamond while visiting my cousin who attends Chico State University. I was impressed with the genuine nature of the employees who worked there. Once the Front Desk knew my name, I never passed through the lobby without being a warm welcome or friendly greeting in which the staff addressed me by my name.

The continental breakfast in Johnny's Restaurant is a full spread in the morning with made to order omelets. The chef is a colorful character who knows a lot about the town and the history of the hotel.

The hotel is charming... wonderful amenities, great staff, and I've never slept so well. Definitely a must stay!!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lindsey H

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We take great pride in providing the best service possible. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 10 February 2009

We took our son to tour Chico State and the Hotel is very close to campus and provided free parking. We were able to walk around downtown and get a feel for the city. The best part of our stay was the breakfast at Johnnies, wireless internet, and passes to the gym. The upgraded rooms are worth the extra money.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your future stays.

Reviewed 11 January 2009

I had stayed at the Hotel Diamond two or three times before this trip with no problem.
On this occasion, I stayed in a suite with my same-sex spouse.
Because I would be working until after the check-out time, I arranged a late check out with the manager weeks before our stay.
On check-in, we were given only one key card to the room (although we were both standing right there) and had to go back later to get a second key. (Neither of the two front desk staff had asked if we needed more than one key when they initially handed me the envelope with the key in it.)
I was surprised to find the room dirty -- the champagne glasses had lipstick smudges on them, there was a half-empty packet of cigarettes on the fireplace mantel, and the magazines on the table had water stains on them.
When we ate in Johnny's (the bar portion, not the restaurant), we had a great deal of trouble getting served by the bartender and the waitress. (It was a weeknight, and not terribly busy.) When we did finish our meal, it took approximately 20 minutes for the waitress to bring our check. When she brought it, it took another long amount of time for her to return for the credit card. When she did finally retrieve the card, she walked away with it and set it on the bar. We had to go get it and have the bartender run it for us.
While I was working the next day and therefore unreachable, my spouse was locked out of our room at noon and had a terrible time convincing the front desk staff that we had arranged a late check out.
I would not recommend this hotel to any of my gay friends or colleagues.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
6  Thank GayLawyer
Reviewed 7 December 2008

Arrived after 7 pm for business meetings at the nearby CSU Chico campus. Had two associates in tow. Staff was professional, polite and attentive to our needs. Both packages that we had shipped in advance were in the correct rooms when we arrived.

This is my second stay. Staff gives a damn! They really care and go out of their way to serve you and never seem pissed off at reasonable requests. What a concept!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Hunaryson

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. It is our job to provide the best service to you as our guest. I apologize we were unable to exceed your expectations. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 30 September 2008

I liked everything about this hotel. The check-in process was quick and easy. The room, which was a king room, was very nice and clean. You would never guess that the hotel was as old as it is. It was also nice after a long day to just go downstairs for a nice meal and a drink. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suQwo

Thank you for your time to review our hotel. We are happy that you had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 26 September 2008

Very nice historical hotel that has been essentially reconstructed into a new hotel. Nice amenities with some of the original fixtures and furniture in the lobby. The staff was excellent. The bed was not the best we had on this trip, however. The room was spotless. A small refrigerator in the room was a welcomed perk. The hotel is near the main square and within walking distance to the downtown shops and theatre as well as the college.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank polson8568
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel Diamond, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your review, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed all the great amenities we offer our guests. We hope you will spend more restful nights with us in the future!