“comfortable and convenient”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mendocino County, Ca
“comfortable and convenient”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great staff! Motel is walking distance to both the Thursday night and Saturday morning farmers markets as well as all the best restaurants in downtown Chico. Also...not to be missed is the homemade candy and ice cream shop across the street!

It's clean ....with the exception of some cobwebs, bedspreads could be cleaned more often, and the carpet needs serious cleaning. Oh it is dog friendly, which is great, except for that annoying never ending barking dog upstairs whose owners left it for hours! People, it is NOT ok to leave your dog alone in a strange motel room while you go bar hopping!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room in the back to avoid street noise
Green Features: Resonable but this is an individual responsibiliy as well.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Ashley L, Manager at Quality Inn, Near Chico State, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time to rate your experience at our hotel. We also thank you for your suggestions, as they will definitely help us to improve our quality for our guests. I apologize that you stayed in a room that was not as maintained as it should have been and will definitely look into this. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

As for the pups that come to stay with us, we have all their parents sign a pet policy that states that they cannot be left unnattended in the rooms. Upon any notification of a dog barking, the front desk would have immediately called the pet parents and asked them to return to the property becuase guests were being disrupted.

I will definitely pass along your praise to our staff and hope that you come to stay with us again.

Ashley Leinen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
united states
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Great location, clean rooms, friendly staff.....I spent 4 nights here and was very pleased. The hotel is in the 'downtown' area of Chico. Restaurants, shops, bars and parks are all within walking distance. Breakfast was adequate but was only served till 9:30. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed July 2014
Ashley L, Manager at Quality Inn, Near Chico State, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond with your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us! We're pleased that your experience with us was pleasant and look forward to making your next stay better than your last. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we hope to see you again soon!

united states
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Great location, clean rooms, friendly staff.....
The hotel is in the 'downtown' area of Chico. Within walking distance to restaurants, shopping, bars and parks. Rooms were very clean. Breakfast was nothing too fancy but had enough options. Staff was super friendly and helpful. I would stay here again

Stayed July 2014
Ashley L, Manager at Quality Inn, Near Chico State, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey regarding your experience. Your feedback helps us "be quality" for all of our guests. I'm pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us and will pass along your praise to our staff.

On behalf of the quality inn team, thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again in the future so that we may continue to exceed your expectations.

Warm regards,

Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We just stayed at the Quality Inn in Chico. We had a great stay.

I let them know when we checked in that we had our small dog with us, and I was presented with a very colorful gift bag that had some doggie essentials and a funny little letter to the dog . The letter started with "Dear Furry Guest", and told us where dogs are allowed in the hotel and where they were not allowed. The letter told us that the humans and the dogs are always welcome at the Inn.

There is a nice area to walk dogs and a very dog friendly ice cream shop across the street. The shop sometimes has scoops for dogs which was nice since it was 100 degrees the day we went out for ice cream..

In the bag was also a list of dog friendly places to eat. All in all a good experience, we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ashley L, Manager at Quality Inn, Near Chico State, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time to rate your experience on tripadvisor. We really enjoy the furry companions who come to stay with us and want to make their experience enjoyable as well! Sometimes at the front desk you'll be able to catch our little Aussie desk clerk who likes to greet and help check in our guests.

We hope that the next time you're visiting in Chico that you'll look to us again for all your lodging needs. We would love to be able to have the opportunity to further exceed your expectations.

Again, thank you for your business!

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Checking in without a reservation in was fast and easy, room was reasonably comfortable, and the staff in general was very helpful, especially the young man working at night. He brought a cot to our room along with extra blankets and pillows, toothpaste, and toothbrushes. Breakfast was great, though nothing extra ordinary.
Overall, the stay was peaceful, staff was helpful, and room was great as usual.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms near the back of the hotel seemed to get less noise from the street.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael M
Mina J, Manager at Quality Inn, Near Chico State, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback. We value your opinions and your responses help us to determine how to improve our service for our guests. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our front desk agent!

We hope that the next time you're in Chico you will stay with us again.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was in Chico for a bachelor party, and I wanted a hotel downtown near the bars. So 3 weeks before the party I made the reservation at Quality Inn (I actually called the hotel, not just an online reservation) and got an email confirmation. I showed up to check in at 6 pm on the day of my reservation, and they informed me that they had actually overbooked the hotel, and they had to cancel my reservation without informing me (apparently they didn't realize this until right before I checked in). But they were *so nice* as to make a reservation for me at another hotel, the Safari Inn, which is a dump and located 2.5 miles away. The whole reason I made the reservation at Quality was for the location downtown to be close to the bars where the rest of the bachelor party was staying. And there was a bike race that weekend, so all of the other hotels were completely booked.

I asked them what they were going to do for causing such a huge inconvenience to me, and the answer I got was "nothing." Even some meaningless gesture like a free breakfast at my next stay would have at least made me feel like they actually cared about customer service. Of course, most hotels would have paid for my night at the other hotel since it was their mistake. They seemed surprised that I was upset. Even though they completely screwed up and inconvenienced me (when the rest of the bachelor party was able to stumble to their rooms at the end of the night, my friend and I had to fight for a cab and ended the night in a crappy hotel), they didn't seem to think that was a problem at all. Apparently canceling a reservation that was made 3 weeks prior is not uncommon at this Quality Inn. When I asked how this happened they said the reservation was made by someone who "was new...well, sorta new".

To top it all off, they still charged my credit card for the reservation. And I was told I need to wait 5 days before they can do anything about it. I try to be a reasonable person and cut businesses some slack (everyone makes mistakes), but its the lack of concern and apology that really got me mad.

Poor management and terrible customer service. I would think twice about staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Chris_H_1717
Tomales, California
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We go to Chico a couple times a year to visit family, and lately have been staying at this Quality Inn. It is quite convenient and accessible for us, and has always lived up to our expectations. On this particular visit (Easter weekend), the place was packed, and some younger folks a few doors down had an altercation around 11 p.m. that resulted in the cops being called. Oh well, it's a college town, whaddya expect? The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was efficient and friendly, and there was enough parking near our room. We'll be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mina J, Manager at Quality Inn, Near Chico State, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and helps us strive to always "Be Quality." I apologize about the incident that occurred during your stay and assure you that it is not the typical experience our guests have. We thank you for being so understanding in this matter, as we do our best to get control of these situations as quickly as possible when they occur.

We hope that on your next visit to Chico that you will stay with us again so that we can further exceed your expectations.

Again, thank you.