“My stay was very enjoyable”

Best Western Heritage Inn - Chico
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Houston, TX
“My stay was very enjoyable”
Reviewed 1 November 2008

I had my Chico High School class reunion so I chose the Best Western to stay two nights. I asked for a room away from the freeway, only because someone told me about this.
My stay was very nice and the hotel was quiet. They are doing a lot of remodeling but this did not create any problems during my stay. The beds were very comfortable and plenty of towels. I found it to be very clean.
One little thing that I would improve upon. They are trying to improve on cleanliness to the coffee makers, so they use a one cup coffee maker (without a pot) and you get one cup of coffee only. I guess this works but it would be helpful to have two cups "at least" of regular coffee in the room.
I did not use the breakfast area but went inside and it felt a little closed in so I chose to eat elsewhere.
The front desk was very friendly and I would definitely return to stay here again. No real complaints at all.
Thank you Chico!

• Liked — I thought it was very clean and the front desk was friendly.
  • Disliked — The breakfast area was very small and closed in....crowded on a weekend.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
california
Reviewed 7 October 2008

A friend of mine and I stayed here during the music festival, after seeing that it is CSU Chico's hotel of choice for team lodging. I was not impressed at all, and feel we could have gotten a room just as nice at half the price at the Heritage Express Inn located in downtown Chico. The hotel is older, noisy, near a shopping center and busy street, and our room reeked of smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. The hotel staff were indifferent and housekeeping was slow to clean our room. I won't stay here again if there are other places available.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Not a good value for the price paid
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Chico hotels

Columbia, California
Reviewed 31 July 2008

Sometimes what makes a hotel stay great is the people. This Chico Best Western was the clean simple value you would expect in a BW hotel , but people made it great. We arrived late without reservations and they found a quiet large room for the four of us, at a fair price. I left a few items at a previous hotel and they graciously give me items to replace toiletries etc. I think the front desk person was "Rick". He made us feel comfortable in a and introduced us to a nice Calfornia town.

• Liked — The people
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Portland
Reviewed 18 May 2008

Tired hotel, trying to keep afloat. No airport shuttle, no exercise room, no comp newspaper, scruffy front desk help, below par breakfast, didn't make up the room during our three day stay, but came in and took our used towels without replacing them.

On the other hand, newer carpet, comfortable beds, decent location. I think I paid about $85 a night, but $65 would be more in line with what you get. Needs better management and a major renovation.

I'm writing this from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2008
San Jose, California
Reviewed 18 March 2008

Stayed for one night in the Best Western Heritage Inn, Chico.
Location:
On one side of relatively big shopping plaza.
Too close to freeway and a bit noisy at night street. So, ask for quiet room, and insist on it. We were mislead by staff, that the street is really quite at night. bearable, but it is night...

Room:
Clean, and big enough. It has siting area with little round table and working area with desk. TV, fridge, microwave, one-cap coffeemaker.
Free wire-less access is awfully slow; if you want to work, don't relay on it (ok, probably in our room 223).

Food:
Breakfast (included), simple continental. What you expect?
Outside, if you prefer to get some food and stay in your room, here is Trader Joe's 200 yards away. Prefer to go out? Chilli's is on the corner. Short drive tor downtown.

Would we stay for a night again? I think, the answer is yes.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
Redding, CA
Reviewed 9 April 2007

I sometimes wonder when you book a room online if they give you the worst rooms available. When staying at the Best Western Heritage Inn in Chico we were greeted by the manager and a nice clerk. My four year old grandson and I went up to our 3rd floor non smoking room, which smelt of smoke and the window was opened without a screen, my grandson discovered it the minute we walked in, I locked the window and told him to look at the tree through the glass, next I sat on the bed which was short of a nice cardboard firmness. Since I have back problems I called down to the desk and asked if we could be moved into a different room with a better bed and was told they didn't have anything any better and would send up blankets for me to put under the sheet. I said unfortutely I would need to get my deposit back and check into a different motel and was told that since I booked through AAA that was not possible and there was nothing they could do for me. Honestly I am not a complainer but will never stay here again. The Extended Continental Breakfast was a joke..they put a few things out at a time so people do not eat too much. I had to go ask someone to please make coffee. Sorry to be so negative but the money spent on the room was not worth it. The hot tub was also luke warm.
Diane

• Liked — Front Desk Staff
  • Disliked — Beds
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank DianeyRedding
Central Valley California
Reviewed 4 February 2007

Rooms are inside rather than opening directly to the outside. This makes a room feel safer, but The windows do not open, not even a crack. Staff were all friendly and helpful regarding directions to eateries. I liked it, I will stay there again.

• Liked — Friendly and helpful staff
  • Disliked — Windows did not open
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled on business