“Friendly staff”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Chico
SCOTTS VALLEY
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 21 August 2010

We stayed for two nights when we check our daughter into her dorm room at CSU Chico. The staff was friendly, room was nice and close to the campus. Only thing that I would suggest would be to extend the breakfast till 10am. The beds were also a little on the hard side.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Roseville, CA
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I stayed here with my son who was attending orientation at CSU Chico because the price was right. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The furnishings looked like they had been updated fairly recently. I asked for and received a quiet room on the side of the building away from the freeway. The night clerk who checked us in was especially nice. I liked the interior hallways- it felt very secure- but the hall carpets needed a good vacuuming. Breakfast was adequate but nothing to write home about, and there was very little space in the breakfast room, plus they were not keeping up with cleaning the tables. The pool is tiny and in a really weird place, wedged between the parking lot, the building, and the freeway onramp. Not a peaceful place to hang. Too bad there is no workout room. I liked having a fridge and free wifi, and you can print free copies from the computer in the lobby. I would stay here again if the price was right- I will probably also try other places in Chico if they give me a good deal.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Arcata, CA
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Traveled here with a group and they gave us a great rate. Not spectacular or not bad either. It worked for us and others in our group. Pool area was really weak far from building and very small. Breakfast was nothing to write home about either.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
British Columbia
Reviewed 4 March 2010

After staying at the Heritage Inn Express a few miles away, we decided to try for something better. I was worried when I discovered that they were, indeed, owned by the same people, but the sheets were nicer, the mattress was nicer, and the breakfast was nicer. $30 pet fee was pretty steep, though, and we took a handicap accessible room to accommodate my showering needs, and again I say I am so glad I don't require a wheelchair. This room was more spacious than others I've been in, but I maintain that handicap rooms should be designed by the people they're intended for, and I don't see that happening very often, and that includes this room. Oh, and don't be deceived by the "large bathtub" described in the rooms with a single king bed--I inquired about that and was told that all the tubs are standard tubs.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anonymous2323
California
Reviewed 10 February 2010

I stayed at the Heritage Inn last night and was pleasantly surprised. The mid-week price was $88, including tax. The room was a little wider than most motel rooms in that price range, there was an oval spa tub with jets, a ceiling heater in the bathroom, a very comfortable mattress on the king size bed, ample counter space in the bathroom, a bar sink with microwave and refrigerator, two comfy chairs, and a large entertainment center with two side closets beside the room's closet. Everything seemed new, including linens. Only one complaint: pillows were too thick and firm. I was in the back of the motel, first floor, and it was very quiet. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank BobandDi
Lake Forest, CA
Reviewed 6 October 2009

This was our first stay at the Heritage and we thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. The room was beautiful, well appointed, lots of amenities and very quiet. Everything was spotless and in working order! Great bed, slept well. The staff was friendly and helpful. This is a business traveler's heaven. Access to the internet in the lobby was convenient. Nice, light complimentary continental breakfast with good coffee. I would definitely recommend the Best Western Heritage Inn. I thought the hotel was a good value and will stay there again when I am in Chico.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Houston, TX
Reviewed 1 November 2008

I had my Chico High School class reunion so I chose the Best Western to stay two nights. I asked for a room away from the freeway, only because someone told me about this.
My stay was very nice and the hotel was quiet. They are doing a lot of remodeling but this did not create any problems during my stay. The beds were very comfortable and plenty of towels. I found it to be very clean.
One little thing that I would improve upon. They are trying to improve on cleanliness to the coffee makers, so they use a one cup coffee maker (without a pot) and you get one cup of coffee only. I guess this works but it would be helpful to have two cups "at least" of regular coffee in the room.
I did not use the breakfast area but went inside and it felt a little closed in so I chose to eat elsewhere.
The front desk was very friendly and I would definitely return to stay here again. No real complaints at all.
Thank you Chico!

• Liked — I thought it was very clean and the front desk was friendly.
  • Disliked — The breakfast area was very small and closed in....crowded on a weekend.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)