“Nice rooms, no buffet breakfast”
Review of Ramada Plaza Chico

Ramada Plaza Chico
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stay at this Holiday Inn every year for the Bidwell Classic 5k/Half Marathon. Until last Saturday, we have always enjoyed a decent buffet breakfast prior to the race. The website says there is a complimentary buffet, but the front desk staff said they no longer offer it. Our friend pulled up the website on his smartphone and gently demanded that staff needed to honor the website information, and that this was the deciding factor between this hotel and another one in town. The woman seemed perturbed, not sure if it was at us or the web or what. She gave us the vouchers for a bacon or sausage/egg/potatoes/toast/coffee or juice breakfast, which was plenty, but she had to enroll us in the Holiday Inn rewards program. Not a big deal at all for all of us, just wanted to point this out to others who may be deciding on this based on the savings of the breakfast. The rooms were clean, good pillows, the bedcoverings seemed fresh, and I like the shampoo/lotion sets. After the first day, we hung up a bath towel we wanted to keep, and left one on the floor as is normal hotel etiquette now. The maid removed the one on the floor but didn't replace it...odd. We will probably stay there again, but will be bringing food and stocking the fridge.

Room Tip: We stayed in 121 which is only one door down from the housekeeping room- noisy very early in the mor...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank imdaveswife
HIChico-Management, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

We apologize for your disappointment of not having a breakfast buffet. We do currently offer a full breakfast menu that is available to all guests for the prices on the menu. I have also made sure that we do not advertise a breakfast buffet any longer. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I used to visit Chico for work at least twice a year and would always stay at the Holiday Inn. Rooms are nice and comfortable. The hotel is close to campus and the freeway.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Girlonthego2012

Thank you so much for your comments. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed here one night on a recent trip to Chico and the surrounding area and was very pleased with my choice of lodging. The young lady at the front desk was pleasant and helpful, I personally had no issues with my room; in fact I found it very clean and comfortable, and I even got a decent night's sleep, which doesn't always happen when I stay at a hotel. The hotel was not very crowded, and when I asked for a quiet room, I think the young lady at the front desk went out of her way not to put me right next to an occupied room. So my room was quiet and my stay here relaxed. The wi-fi was good, so I could do a little work on the computer. I did eat at the hotel restaurant and tried the Indian food. The samosa appetizers were very good, and the tandoori chicken was okay. In the morning, I asked to purchase a cup of coffee to go and was told coffee was free. A small thing, but nice nonetheless. I did not get to Sierra Nevada Brewing when I was here, so I guess I have unfinished business in Chico, and I will be coming back and likely staying here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Shelmert

Thank you for you wonderful comments. We try to accomodate every guest to the best of our ability! We hope when you come back to the Brewery you will choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

We switched to a room here after having a not-so-great night's stay at the nearby Super 8. The room was really nice, comfortable beds, and nice amenities/toiletries. The service was great and I got a decent AAA discount. You get a choice of firm or soft pillows on the bed which is a nice touch... I thought for a good, quiet night's sleep is was well worth the extra money over the Super 8.

Only complaint is the lack of a complimentary breakfast, which I think, when you are paying $100 per night you should expect to have...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sone-a-rone

Thank you for the compliments of our service and rooms. We strive to keep everything at the highest level. I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy breakfast with us. We do have a full breakfast menu available in the resturant for purchase. We look foward to the next time we can welcome you at the hotel.

Reviewed 16 December 2011

We held a seminar at this hotel and I was very pleased at the facility and the service provided by the staff. They all had great attitudes and were very helpful. We will definitely consider holding a meeting there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris M
HICHICOGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your meeting. We are glad that we met your expectations. At Holiday Inn chico we can not wait to be future venue for your meetings. Again we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

We stayed at the holiday inn for 2 nights whilst visiting friends nearby. We had a room with 2 double beds. They were the most comfortable beds ever! You were also given a choice of pillows hard or soft which is a must. Not much to do in the hotel but functional for our brief stay only used rooms to sleep in. Would stay again

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Canary2
HICHICOGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

We are glad to see your overall experience here at the Holiday Inn Chico was positive.
We appreciate that you choosing our hotel for your accomodation, we can not wait to see
you as return guest on your future visit to Chico CA

Reviewed 9 November 2011

The Holiday Inn in Chico, is one of the nicer hotels the city has to offer. It has a lounge and restaurant (food was awful, would recommend Denny's next door instead.) on the lobby floor. They also offer conference and meeting accommodations. The hotel is conveniently located near 99 and about a 10 minute drive to downtown. The only drawback I found to the Holiday Inn was value. While the rooms were nice, they were not worth what I paid. The room was clean, but had a strange odor. I also felt it should offer more amenities for the price. I also noticed that the walls were thin and could easily hear conversations from the hall and adjoining rooms. The staff seemed very disinterested in serving their guests. Overall if I had a discounted rate I would stay at the hotel again, however if you have to pay full price there are other hotels in Chico that offer more for just about the same money.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank racingaudio

We like to say thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback. We are very sorry that your overall experience was not very positive. Your comments have been shared with our teammembers and management, Accept our sincer apology, and give us another opportunity to serve you in your future visit to Chico CA