Ramada Plaza Chico
Safari Inn(Chico)
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsroom was cleanwould stay againenjoyed my stayking bednice staycomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationvictorjoshsusanloungepetstatefreewayuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We spent the weekend and our room was on the floor with a basketball team and baseball team, we also saw softball teams, and many other uniforms. Unfortunately the boys & girls (middle school/high school) were running down the halls (BAM BAM BAM), setting off party poppers in the hall (confetti all over), running up and down the stairs (BOOM BOOM BOOM), yelling, laughing, giggling, getting ice (GGGRrrrrrrr), hitting the soda machine (KLUNK), SLAMMING doors, and on and on. We were in the middle of a slumber party!

At 10pm we were turning out lights out, at 11pm we went into the hall and asked them to please keep it down (we could hear every word they said in the halls). At 11:15 we talked to an employee who said he would see where the chaperone's rooms were. We didn't see an adult till morning, about the time housekeeping was vacuuming confetti. It was after midnight when a new group checked in and we heard them moving in. About 1am before we got to sleep. Then at 5:30am someone decided to start filling ice chests with ice (GGGrrrrrr, GGGrrrrrr, GGGrrrrrr, GGGrrrrrr)

Next time we will ask for a room on a floor that does not have a team or school group, and to be as far as possible from the stairs, ice machine and soda machine. Would be nice if the adults with the teams kept on eye on the kids, but we can't count on that, and they need a place to stay too, just not next door to us.

Good: Clean & updated room, Free WiFi (called the desk for the pswd), Excercise room, pool, next door to Denny's. I heard later they had a breakfast there but the staff never mentioned it when we checked in so we walked over to Denny's.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TeamTravel3
HIChico-Management, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were put next to the teams. We do our best to make sure that everyone not with the teams are put further away, unfortuntley sometimes that does not happen. We are always willing to move you during your stay here, although sometime We would love to accomodate you better on your next stay here. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I was impressed with the front desk staff at ck in. So, first impression was great! I had many more encounters with them as well during my 3 night stay. The Restraunt was yummy. the staff an managment were all very attentive as well.
Can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Shannonlcross

Thank you so much for your review of the hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to having you stay again.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stay at this Holiday Inn every year for the Bidwell Classic 5k/Half Marathon. Until last Saturday, we have always enjoyed a decent buffet breakfast prior to the race. The website says there is a complimentary buffet, but the front desk staff said they no longer offer it. Our friend pulled up the website on his smartphone and gently demanded that staff needed to honor the website information, and that this was the deciding factor between this hotel and another one in town. The woman seemed perturbed, not sure if it was at us or the web or what. She gave us the vouchers for a bacon or sausage/egg/potatoes/toast/coffee or juice breakfast, which was plenty, but she had to enroll us in the Holiday Inn rewards program. Not a big deal at all for all of us, just wanted to point this out to others who may be deciding on this based on the savings of the breakfast. The rooms were clean, good pillows, the bedcoverings seemed fresh, and I like the shampoo/lotion sets. After the first day, we hung up a bath towel we wanted to keep, and left one on the floor as is normal hotel etiquette now. The maid removed the one on the floor but didn't replace it...odd. We will probably stay there again, but will be bringing food and stocking the fridge.

Room Tip: We stayed in 121 which is only one door down from the housekeeping room- noisy very early in the morning. It's also one door down from the exterior door, and people are coming in at all hours, this being Chico afterall. If you are a light sleeper, this might disturb you.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank imdaveswife

We apologize for your disappointment of not having a breakfast buffet. We do currently offer a full breakfast menu that is available to all guests for the prices on the menu. I have also made sure that we do not advertise a breakfast buffet any longer. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I used to visit Chico for work at least twice a year and would always stay at the Holiday Inn. Rooms are nice and comfortable. The hotel is close to campus and the freeway.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Girlonthego2012

Thank you so much for your comments. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed here one night on a recent trip to Chico and the surrounding area and was very pleased with my choice of lodging. The young lady at the front desk was pleasant and helpful, I personally had no issues with my room; in fact I found it very clean and comfortable, and I even got a decent night's sleep, which doesn't always happen when I stay at a hotel. The hotel was not very crowded, and when I asked for a quiet room, I think the young lady at the front desk went out of her way not to put me right next to an occupied room. So my room was quiet and my stay here relaxed. The wi-fi was good, so I could do a little work on the computer. I did eat at the hotel restaurant and tried the Indian food. The samosa appetizers were very good, and the tandoori chicken was okay. In the morning, I asked to purchase a cup of coffee to go and was told coffee was free. A small thing, but nice nonetheless. I did not get to Sierra Nevada Brewing when I was here, so I guess I have unfinished business in Chico, and I will be coming back and likely staying here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Shelmert

Thank you for you wonderful comments. We try to accomodate every guest to the best of our ability! We hope when you come back to the Brewery you will choose to stay with us.