“Wonderful Stay”
Review of Ramada Plaza Chico

Ramada Plaza Chico
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed 13 July 2012

The staff and their hospitality were totally awesome. The manager took extremely good care of me. The hotel transported me to and from the local Amtrak station and to one of my nearby meetings. They also allowed me to have a really late checkout and this greatly helped my schedule.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Chico.

Regards,
Wayne Bishop

Room Tip: Fifth floor is quite.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Wayne B
HIChico-Management, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Hello Wayne,

Thank you so much for your great comments on our hotel. We pride ourselves in taking care of every guest like they are family. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff took great care of you. We hope to see you on your next stay to Chico.

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

They were kind enough to let us check in early so we could get to a wedding. Upon entering, we turned on the AC, changed and left. The reception was outside and was hot and humid. Upon returning to the room, the AC was not working. We called the front desk and a maintenance guy came and replaced something on the unit. It still did not work. I went to the desk and talked to the person at the front desk and the maintenance guy personally. He said he would get to it after he fixed something in another room. We never saw him the rest of the night. We had 4 people in the room and only 2 sets of towels. After calling twice, the towels never came. I have never had poor service like this at a "name brand" hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel in Chico.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Hello Mr. Robert B,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not wonderful. We strive to give excellent customer service and I apologize that you did not receive that while at Holiday Inn, Chico. We have taken it upon ourselves to go through every room and check the AC's to make sure they are all working properly and also taken measures to follow up on our deliveries. I hope that the next time you are in Chico you will be able to give us another chance, as your experience is not what we deliver.

Thank you for your comments as the help us to continue to make our guests experiences better.

All the Best,

Holiday Inn, Chico Management

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Checked in late. Given room 428. Wall-mounted climate control panel inoperative. Front desk's response: “Some of them don't work.” Found fecal matter on underside of toilet seat and asked for different room. Assigned to 408, a room for handicapped guests. No TV remote. Front desk's response to a request for one: “I'll do my best.” Response to second request: “I haven't gotten hold of him yet.” Wall mounted climate control also inoperative in this room.

We've stayed here several times and because it's handy, we've tried to overlook this hotel's many faults. What we found in the bathroom of #428, however, can't be overlooked. This hotel is very busy, frequently fully-booked on weekends, so one presumes it's a cash cow, but so long as customers continue to accept a crummy product there's little incentive for management/ownership to provide something better.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rbestor
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

Dear rbestor,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Chico. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 May 2012

We got a reasonable rate for booking online. Compared to other rates in the area for a "booked weekend" I was fine with it. The hotel itself and the rooms are very clean. We ended up in a lovely single king overlooking the pool area. I thought "Oh, this is nice. It will be fine." Then I heard it.... The noise from the elevator. So, in the future I will make sure to avoid that type of single king. We were only there for one night, and a quick visit with family. The bed was fairly comfortable. The hotel was in a good location; close enough to get to where we needed to go in town, but far from the busy-ness of the college. Next time we travel to the area we will try it for a longer stay and see how they do. The service at the front desk was courteous and professional (even after dealing with an upset guest). In general we avoid the restaurants and food provided by a hotel. There are some really great places to eat in Chico, so I would not even bother with the lounge.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
HIChico-Management, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you very much for your comments regarding our hotel. I do apologize it was a bit nosiy with the elevator, but next time you stay with us, please request a room away from the elevator and we would love to accomodate you. We look forward to having you at our hotel again.

Thank you for commenting!!!

Reviewed 9 May 2012

The hotel is clean and the rooms are too. They use to have a nasty breakfast buffet nd changed to a made to order breakfast. They give you a card and you can only choose 1 from each category. I like coffee and oj in the morning, but you can only choose one! The next day I thought I'd get oj and they were out of it, which is odd for a breakfast. Do not get your eggs sunny side up because mine were awful! Ask for over easy, taste like a oiled egg, but cooked lol. You only get one slice of toast. They need a second waiter because the girl was getting orders mixed up, people waiting for their coffees and others waiting to place an order. It's a free breakfast so I guess I shouldn't complain, but I've stayed in many holiday inns and this one is way different. Oh, the restaurant has Indian food and the hotel smells like curry, but I'm grateful my room didn't stink like curry :p

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
HIChico-Management, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you for the great review of the rooms. I do apologize breakfast was not up to standard. We have since changed our policy and now offer two pieces of toast and the option of both coffee and juice. Thank you for sharing your opinion as it has helped us to expand our breakfast and options that we provide to our guests.

Providing Exellent Service,

Angela Hensley

Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

We opted not to eat from the Indian menu and felt "safer" with traditional American Cuisine for lunch. Who wouldve known cheeseburgers, pizza, fries, and chicken strips could ever taste so horrible. Blahhh, ick, puke!!!!!!! Go to the Dennys it has to be better.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank EPBoone
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear EPBoone,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased you mentioned the excellent check in process and the good quality of your room. I was disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 April 2012

We spent the weekend and our room was on the floor with a basketball team and baseball team, we also saw softball teams, and many other uniforms. Unfortunately the boys & girls (middle school/high school) were running down the halls (BAM BAM BAM), setting off party poppers in the hall (confetti all over), running up and down the stairs (BOOM BOOM BOOM), yelling, laughing, giggling, getting ice (GGGRrrrrrrr), hitting the soda machine (KLUNK), SLAMMING doors, and on and on. We were in the middle of a slumber party!

At 10pm we were turning out lights out, at 11pm we went into the hall and asked them to please keep it down (we could hear every word they said in the halls). At 11:15 we talked to an employee who said he would see where the chaperone's rooms were. We didn't see an adult till morning, about the time housekeeping was vacuuming confetti. It was after midnight when a new group checked in and we heard them moving in. About 1am before we got to sleep. Then at 5:30am someone decided to start filling ice chests with ice (GGGrrrrrr, GGGrrrrrr, GGGrrrrrr, GGGrrrrrr)

Next time we will ask for a room on a floor that does not have a team or school group, and to be as far as possible from the stairs, ice machine and soda machine. Would be nice if the adults with the teams kept on eye on the kids, but we can't count on that, and they need a place to stay too, just not next door to us.

Good: Clean & updated room, Free WiFi (called the desk for the pswd), Excercise room, pool, next door to Denny's. I heard later they had a breakfast there but the staff never mentioned it when we checked in so we walked over to Denny's.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TeamTravel3

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were put next to the teams. We do our best to make sure that everyone not with the teams are put further away, unfortuntley sometimes that does not happen. We are always willing to move you during your stay here, although sometime We would love to accomodate you better on your next stay here. Thank you.