“Everything I needed”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Chico
San Francisco
“Everything I needed”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This hotel is conveniently located right off of 99, so getting there is really simple. When I walked in the staff was very friendly and courteous and even gave me a phone call when I entered my room to make sure everything was up to my satisfaction. The room had up to date furniture and a very warm, comfortable atmosphere. I frequently travel and the number one quality of a hotel is the cleanliness. The lobby, hallways, and most importantly the room were all very clean. Also forgot to mention the cool looking bar and a decently sized pool. When I come to the Chico area again I will definitely make sure to book a room here.

1 Thank Robert S
ManagerDM, Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Robert S,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Chico for your stay while in the area. We are pleased that you found our staff and accommodations up to your satisfaction. We appreciate your comments on how clean our establishment was during your stay, we strive to provide a clean environment for all our guests. We hope the next time your travels bring you to the area you choose the Holiday Inn Chico for your home away

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 August 2013

When I pulled into the property, the look of the building was nice. Everything from the landscaping to the building lights was on point as well as the music. I was greeted by a front desk associate who was very welcoming. I requested poolside, and they did just that. I was put in the ideal location I requested for. The Wifi in the room was blazing fast and the room itself was very clean and comfortable. The hotel was always lively and not dormant. I knew Chico was a small college based town, so I didn't expect the accommodations to the exceed my expectations, but they did. If you're ever in Chico, stay here. It's worth it!

Room Tip: Poolside it great. it's fully renovated! but can't go wrong anywhere really.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 01SKS01
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My boyfriend and I came to Chico for a friends Wedding. Holiday Inn had offered a great group discount for us, we were traveling with our dog and were able to get a nice pet friendly room on the ground floor. Holiday Inn graciously offered a shuttle to and from the wedding venue. After the wedding we were able to come back and continue the fun in the hotel bar--which has some great drinks! In the morning we were able to grab some breakfast in their restaurant, which was very convenient. The menu had lots of options--a step up from most hotels who serve a buffet with limited options and cold food. I can't wait to come back to Chico and I will stay at the Holiday Inn!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kate s
Rio Dell, California
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have stayed at Holiday Inn in Chico twice and both times were good experiences. The first time I booked I was with my boyfriend and our little dog. I got a pet friendly room and was upgraded to a 2 bed room, that was very clean and nicely furnished, for the same price as a single bed. The second time I was by myself and the room again was clean and nicely furnished. The beds are comfortable, so it is easy to sleep, and I couldn't hear any noise. The air conditioning kept the room nice and cool. The bathrooms were in great shape and the soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion they provide smells nice. The girl at the front was also very friendly and remembered my name. I would highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Sarah K
Brandon P, Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn, Chico. We appreciate your review and hope to have you stay with again soon. If you need anything at all please feel free to contact the Holiday Inn at 530-345-2491.
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We flew into Chico by private plane and just called the Holiday Inn at 6:30 pm hoping we could get a room. They happened to have a queen room and sent someone to the airport to pick us up. We were the only people in the restaurant at 8:00 but the food was great and the service was superb.
The room was nice but smallish. A lot of furniture and stuff in a small room. They do have a refrigerator and microwave but there is no complimentary breakfast. Luckily Denny's is right next door. Overall, a very pleasant stay. I would do it again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The room was over priced, no continental breakfast. The hotel is living on Holiday Inn name. We booked two rooms at same price, one room had microwave, refrigerator and the other one did not. I brought the matter to the attention of the manager, only then was the price adjusted. The fixtures were 1970's dreary looking and carpet was soiled. We stay in puppy rooms all the time and we know the difference. Bathroom had a moldy odor. All in all a very unpleasant surprise.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear AaronUtah,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the bathroom conditions. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Recently had a business trip to Chico and most of the hotels were booked. I was fortunate to find availability at this hotel but was not looking foward to it as I have not had great experiences with Holiday Inn. To my surprise this hotel had a great restaurant (food was good) and the manager made my stay a very enjoyable experience. I would recommend this Holiday Inn for any business traveler who is staying in Chico.

1 Thank Amberlynn99
Brandon P, Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn, Chico. We are please to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you stay with us the next time you visit Chico.