“Big city hotel feeling” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Big city hotel feeling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Reading a couple of negative reviews can put a damper on one's expectations but in this case, we were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel and grounds are very nice, the rooms very modern and well furnished, and the staff highly professional and friendly. It seems unusual for a smaller town to have a hotel like this. The rooms were much more that I expected and we were really able to get some rest. This is a great hotel pick when in Chico.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dave L
ManagerDM, Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Dave L,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn and taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted that we exceeded your expectations, in particular your interactions with our team members. We hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to Chico!

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Placerville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and I went to chico to visit my younger cousin who goes to chico state. We booked a King room for our reservation, but when we arrived, they were oversold on king rooms, so the front desk clerk advised us that they upgraded us to a queen deluxe room for no upgrade fee. The room was very nice with a Jacuzzi tub, queen bed and a flat screen television which is a must due to us being there on a Saturday night and football the next day. So we met my cousin at the bar in the hotel and then we were off for a nice steak dinner at the 5th street steakhouse, it was excellent. After a little sightseeing that evening we went back to the hotel which has a bar and had excellent atmosphere and great drinks, perfect if you don't want to drive. The next morning we had a great full hot breakfast at the restaurant at the hotel. After breakfast I was able to watch most of the raiders game and relax while my wife got ready for the day and they gave us a late check out, which is a plus because we have kids and trying to sleep in at home is usually a "no". So anyone looking for a good hotel in chico, I would look no farther, the staff was very courteous and the room was very clean and the landscaping is to beautiful. Great hotel, we will be back and when we are this will be the place to stay. Good job holiday inn!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Terry B
ManagerDM, Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear terrybrown78,

Wow!! Thank you so much for choosing Holiday Inn, Chico as your resting place away from home. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our staff, restaurant and bar, and amenities. We hope that the next time you are in town you choose us for your stay.

california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We were greeted by friendly staff and given a room on the 5th floor. Nice size room,comfortable bed,and very quiet. Staff was very attentive and responded quickly to any request. Well kept pool and spa area. Drinks and appetizers served poolside was a pleasant touch as the weather was beautiful, making sitting by the pool with a glass of wine a relaxing end to the day. The hotel is centrally located off hwy 99. Definitely a good choice in Chico.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank calota
Dear calota,

We are pleased that you found our staff at the Holiday Inn Chico to be friendly and attentive and our accommodations cozy. We are happy that you enjoyed our poolside drinks and appetizers. We hope the next time you come to Chico or are in the area and need a resting stop you choose us.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

It was a great stay,i was there in chico to visit my cousins going to chico state,we really had so much fun,they had Really nice Bar & Restaurant,nice outdoor pool & Hot tub,its lots of fun for what ever i have paid,i cannot expect more than this.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Robin405
Dear Robin405,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Chico for your visit with family. We are are glad you enjoyed our bar, restaurant, pool and hot tub and the accommodations met your satisfaction. We hope the next time you are in town visiting you will choose the Holiday Inn Chico for your stay.

San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

This hotel is conveniently located right off of 99, so getting there is really simple. When I walked in the staff was very friendly and courteous and even gave me a phone call when I entered my room to make sure everything was up to my satisfaction. The room had up to date furniture and a very warm, comfortable atmosphere. I frequently travel and the number one quality of a hotel is the cleanliness. The lobby, hallways, and most importantly the room were all very clean. Also forgot to mention the cool looking bar and a decently sized pool. When I come to the Chico area again I will definitely make sure to book a room here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert S
Dear Robert S,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Chico for your stay while in the area. We are pleased that you found our staff and accommodations up to your satisfaction. We appreciate your comments on how clean our establishment was during your stay, we strive to provide a clean environment for all our guests. We hope the next time your travels bring you to the area you choose the Holiday Inn Chico for your home away

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

When I pulled into the property, the look of the building was nice. Everything from the landscaping to the building lights was on point as well as the music. I was greeted by a front desk associate who was very welcoming. I requested poolside, and they did just that. I was put in the ideal location I requested for. The Wifi in the room was blazing fast and the room itself was very clean and comfortable. The hotel was always lively and not dormant. I knew Chico was a small college based town, so I didn't expect the accommodations to the exceed my expectations, but they did. If you're ever in Chico, stay here. It's worth it!

Room Tip: Poolside it great. it's fully renovated! but can't go wrong anywhere really.