“Could be good but it isn't”
Review of Ramada Plaza Chico

Ramada Plaza Chico
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Our first room had non functioning wifi. The only way to get a better wifi signal was to move closer to the elevator - which you hear every time it moves (day and night). Breakfast was minimal - no cereal (but there was porridge) - no muffins or bagels (there was toast) -- you get a better range in a HIX hotel. Oh, and breakfast closes at 09:00. The room had no effective places to charge phones or computers (apart from the bathroom and a single loose outlet connected to a rats nest of wires next to the fridge). This place could be good, but it is just annoying.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CyclistSydney
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear CyclistSydney,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We are sincerely sorry to read about your negative experience over the unsatisfactory WiFi connection and with the breakfast selections. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 January 2014

clean, everything worked right. People were friendly and helpful. Only flaw, they don't ask if you would like to have your sheets changed. I am green and prefer that they just remake the bed. This is very near freeway entrance and exit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BerryJ446
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Chico. I had a few small displeasing issues that were out of the ordinary for Holiday Inn in general. When we were leaving, I checked out in person, as the bill had not been slipped under my door on the morning we were leaving. I told the desk clerk that I had a few comments that I would e-mail to the manager. She left for a second and returned with the manager in tow. He was so eager to please me and so sorry that everything was not perfect. He went above and beyond in his treatment of me at check out because he felt that if I was not a happy customer that he dis-honored me. I had not intended on trying this hotel again, but I certainly will now. It just so happens that I will be visiting Chico about once a month and thanks to Syed, his courtesy and customer service, I WILL be returning to this location. I am very happy to have my Holiday Inn confidence restored in this manner.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna C
Reviewed 12 December 2013

It was a very pleasant stay. Absolutely value for price for a full service hotel. Rooms were clean and spacious. Lobby undergoing some renovations but we were well informed when we did the reservation. Really appreciate that.Room amenities were in good condition..Breakfast had quite a few variety. The restaurant and bar has a great decor.The most important aspect was service.Staff was very professional and proactive, specially Victor who had a perfect balance of being hardworking as well as having a jovial personality.We will definitely recommend this place to our friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jay_b15
ManagerDM, Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Dear jay_b15,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Chico for your stay while in the area. We are happy you found our staff, and especially Victor, friendly and helpful. We are delighted you noticed our renovations. Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The room was clean. Microwave and fridge in room.
We stayed 2 nights.
On the 2nd morning, after my shower, I noticed that no towels had been replaced from the previous day. I called the front desk and complained and towels were delivered within 10 minutes.
Then I attempted to make coffee however the cups hadn't been replaced from the previous day either. The housekeeping staff needs to do a better job of cleaning/stocking the rooms.
Nothing is more frustrating than attempting to dry off using a hand towel.....

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank sgeorgiou

Dear sgeorgiou,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Chico for your stay in the area. We are pleased you were comfortable with your room and our staff. We participate in the Green Engage program and try to promote these policies across all areas including replacing towels daily. The next time you stay with us please let us know in advance that this is a service you wish to continue and make comments on your account. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Visiting some friends at CSU Chico and stayed here only for one night, but the stay exceeded my expectations honestly. First of all, they are doing major renovations on the lobby and it really looks like they are putting in all their resources to really make the property look better than it already does. The room was also very neat and clean and the cherry on top was the warm, welcoming and friendly staff from the front desk clerks to management to the housekeeping. I forgot toothpaste and they delivered it straight to my room within the two minutes of me calling. Breakfast was very nice too!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 01SKS01

Dear sksharma_2009,

Thank you for returning to the Holiday Inn Chico. We are delighted that you noticed the renovations that we are making to our establishment. We are pleased that you found our staff friendly and attentive and that you enjoyed our breakfast. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I chose this hotel because of the reviews, how close it was to Chico State (had a tour the next morning), and I'm an IHG member. We arrived after a 4+-hour drive. Upon arrival I noticed quite a few college students throughout the hotel, and then the booming music from the lobby dance club. We arrived at around 11pm and I was told the club is open until midnight. The front desk was great, and very accommodating. She tried to find me a room away from the club. We were on the 4th floor. As I walked over to the elevators I noticed a young man with all his bed linens in his hand. Security asked him what he was doing and he said his friend played a joke on him and he was bringing all the linens back to his room. He was on the 3rd floor. My room was spacious and clean. Across the hall the door was ajar. It sounded as if twenty people were in the room. I went back downstairs to have the front desk change my room and was told the second floor had a fraternity on it. The best she could do was to move me down the hall. Security was notified and handled it immediately. In the new room, we had the same probably. Throughout the night we were woken up from loud noises outside the door, along with talking and giggling.

The staff is great. They did everything they could. Considering the amount of security on hand, I would say there should be one guard per floor all night on the weekends.

The beds were comfortable. The room was clean and spacious. I went to make coffee in the morning and in the water tank there was some blue/green coloring around the inside edges. I chose to drive down the road to Starbucks. If I hadn't like the staff so much I would have given this a one star.

Room Tip: High floors to avoid club.