Ramada Plaza Chico
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Safari Inn(Chico)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanwould stay againenjoyed my stayking bednice staycomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationvictorjoshsusanloungepetstatefreewayuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I went to this hotel on saturday with the family stayed for 2 nights in the suite room , hotel is near to airport & check in was smooth & quick .
The room allocated was on the 4th floor , the room was spacious with lighting and up to the mark. it was a late check in we ordered dinner through the room service which was quick and the food was excellent.
The trip was a leisure trip the next day being Sunday had a late breakfast which was also quite good and we had dinner again in their restaurant , it was yummy & service was very good .
Cozy swimming pool was awesome nd good GYM add value to stay.
I think if priority is to stay near the airport the hotel is quite good with all required amenities and good food with good rooms what can I ask more than that ...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInn C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Guest ,
Thank you for your precious time for sharing your reviews . Thank you for liking and trusting our hotel and brand. Our goal is Guest Satisfaction and your review boost our employees .We wish to see you again soon .

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Avi at the front desk was super friendly from the second we walked in. Grant in the the restaurant provided excellent service and a friendly atmosphere I really wish I got the name of the cook the steak I had was the best I had in years we will definitely be back

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest ,
Thank you for sharing your reviews during your stay at our hotel. Avi and Grant thanks to you for liking and appreciating their Guest Services . Hope we always satisfy you whenever you visit or hotel and make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel was reasonably clean, although there were several large cobwebs I our room. They obviously need to pay attention to the details. But overall the room was ok and bed was comfy. Air conditioner was loud and not working well, we woke up sweating during the night. Not good! The bar was ok, DJ came at 8pm, put on some 80's music and left.
The restaurant was terrible in every way! We had breakfast there, waited 10 min for coffee, 15 to give our server our order,,,and about 40 for the food to come out. Had to go in and ask for refill on coffee. Over priced, bland food, that took too long. And there were only 2 other tables there!
Major disappointment.

Room Tip: Don't plan to eat there!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
HIChico-Management, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience. We value you as our IHG Rewards Club Elite member.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We made reservations way in advance not realizing it was graduation weekend - Senior moment, I forgot Chico is a College town. The room was "fine" - clean - enough towels - two beds - I would have preferred one just because it feels bigger. We arrived on Saturday evening, there were parties going on but the acoustics were good and we were not bothered. The Inn is getting older and could use freshening. Housekeeping could use a bit more time in the room to clean around the edges. The A/C was very loud - more loud than the parties.
My biggest disappointment was when I inquired about the "free" breakfast that was included on the web sight I was told that was an error and should have been removed. We were there four nights and had breakfast arrangements off the property on all but the last morning. I was told by the waiter that we needed a coupon from the desk and the desk said I wasn't entitled to "free" unless I paid for the breakfast ahead. I think she missed the concept of "free". As a certified "mystery shopper" Holiday Inn would have received a bad mark for that one. I reasoned with the desk clerk and her manager and finally was given a "free" coupon. I'm thinking "Holiday Inn Express" provides breakfast but "Holiday Inn" with a regular restaurant does not. I spend a lot of time at Holiday Inn's and do a lot of personal comparing. This one does not get the best of marks due to the condescending attitudes of the desk staff and the need to upgrade the housekeeping chores.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barb l

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience. PLease be assured we will address all your concerns.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Ok, so when I travel, I just expect a clean room, good sleep, and a nice shower! Great!!! All that you can get from here...
The first day/night was awesome... No complaints at all.
The second night however, I decided that I wanted to wind down for a drink.... Bar Closed! So then I thought, ok, I will just grab some food and head to bed: 1) the little market area was closed, but the attendant opened it for me. On the wall is a Great Bid Sticker of $2 for a cup of soup. At the desk, the computer charges $3... With no way to correct it???? I was like, ok whatever, just give it to me... Then, I walk over to the vending machine, where there is a Great Big Sticker for Dasani 20oz Water for $1... What I got was a 16oz Arrowhead Water... I don't care too much for the brand, but if you advertise 20oz water, give it to me!!!!

Just a bunch of small things that a better managed staff couple resolve. Otherwise I slept great, place was clean, and I got a nice hot shower...

I would given 5***** if you didn't rob me....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business