“Never stay again”
Review of Ramada Plaza Chico

Ramada Plaza Chico
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very rude staff at the front desk.
We were practically pushed out in the morning, maid walked into the room while we were still in bed. Funny smell in the side entry.
They charged my card for the room even though I booked and paid through priceline.
I called several times to get the charge reversed, only to be told the manager Patrice is the only one who can approve the charge reversal.
Left messages for a call back, but no response so far.
At this point I feel like I have expended way to much time trying to reverse the mistake they made.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Idcrod
HolidayInn C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

ldcrod

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.We are sorry for front desk agent being rude to guest. But our housekeepers never enter the room while guests are inside ,they usualy knock the door three times (it is hotel rule to knock the door atleast 3 times). Still if any of our guest experienced this , we are again apologize. We will use your feedback to implement improvements for better experience of our forthcoming guests ..

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Chico

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at The Holiday Inn in Chico, while there on business for 2 weeks. The rooms were spacious and the beds were comfy. The entire staff were very pleasant from the maintenence crew all the way up to the GM. Anything I needed they were able to provide, with a smile I might add. I really enjoyed my stay overall and I look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for being our Guest and to post such a motivating reviews. Holiday Inn staff feels happy when guests appreciate their service. Our aim is to fulfil guest's needs with smile.
Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Wow, I have stayed about 50 nights with the IHG chain this year and have never had a worse room or less cooperative desk clerk.

The bathroom was not clean, the toilet seat was loose, the trash hadn't been emptied, light bulbs were burned out. I just could not believe this was a full service Holiday Inn. To make matters worse, the wifi was out and I could not get my work done.

Word to IHG, do right by your members and loyal customers and cause your managment to get their act together.

Room Tip: find a different hotel for a good room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Dmanjd
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Dmanjd,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and the service you received fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 July 2014

It was the Fourth of July, and I had just attended a family reunion in Durham with my brother. We were both staying at the Holiday Inn and needed a light meal in the evening. We went into the hotel restaurant and were greeted by Grant Devlin, our server. He was so accommodating and friendly! He has to be the best server we have ever encountered! Talk about service, outstanding! The food was also wonderful.
The next morning we had breakfast in the restaurant as well. Grant was not working but Anjee was. Another outstanding server! Two amazing servers in the same restaurant! Whatever you are doing in your hiring process, Holiday Inn Chico, please continue!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInn C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest
We are delighted to read your review and thank you for choosing Holiday Inn for your recent stay .
We are glad to hear about Grant as he provide good service and he was best server for you as well as Anjee who was outstanding.
We hope to welcome you many more times!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed at holiday inn Chico. My first experience was making the reservation with the front desk.i spoke to angel. And because we were a large group she put me in touch with the hotel manager avi. He and his staff were very professional and fair. My self and my crew stayed for two weeks. We will definitely be returning for many years to come. The breakfast was excellent.the waitresses, the maids and the entire staff made our stay very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your feedback about the experience you had at your recent stay . And i apologize that you have to wait as it was a group . We are glad to hear that Avi and his staff were very professional and fair. Also thanks to you for liking breakfast and staff who made your stay comfortable

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped in Chico for our last night of a long trip. 103 degrees at 6pm. Upon arrival, Avi, the front desk clerk greeted us warmly. The staff was very friendly, nice air conditioned room and very cool pool! The entire place was super clean. We will definitely come back.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Dolores
We so appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear you had a comfortable stay at Holiday Inn.We are glad to know that Avi greeted you warmly and you found our staff friendly as well as you noticed our property was clean . We will be happy to see you again

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The front desk people are friendly and funny. Checking in at a hotel usually sets expectations, for me anyway. Our stay was enjoyable, quiet and the rooms are pretty good. If you're looking for a cheap room and don't care about anything else, there are two bargain motels in this section of town. A few dollars more and you get better accommodations with a reasonably priced restaurant and bar. They even have a margarita bar at the pool on weekend afternoons.
I'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInn C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and for saying that our front desk people are friendly and funny.We are happy that our service made a difference in your stay . See you real soon !
Thank you again .