“Wonderful Service”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Chico
“Wonderful Service”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff showed excellent service from check in to check out. I especially enjoyed miss Gia's efforts with accommodating our needs and ensuring that everything went well with our stay! We will definitely be seeing you all again soon !

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Loneranfee1
HolidayInn C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for short and sweet review. Thanks on behalf of Front Desk Agent,Gia.
Such reviews boost our staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Used Priceline and narrowed my search to only 3 star hotels. Usually, Holiday Inn is legit so I was happy when I found-out they took my bid. I asked for a roll-out bed upon check in...went to my room, waited to no avail... went to front desk and they told me that it wouldn't fit in my double bed room. I pushed the issue more, and they followed-up by saying that it was "against regulations" (even though I have used roll-outs in this standard-sized room in other hotels like 300 times before)... I told them that I was never told by the lady that checked me in (she could have given me an "roll-out accommodating room."); was then told that they did me a favor by giving me a room with two beds, because they could have given me a room with just a single full-sized bed (really? what legitimate hotel gives that)... after giving them some heat, they changed their story and said they send a roll-out but its $15 bucks (normally free) Jeez... I then asked for a spoon and they didn't bother unlocking the breakfast room to get me one and simply said they didn't have one, giving me a fork instead. LAZY

The next morning, which is usually an uneventful Sunday with a high vacancy rate since the weekend was over, I asked for late checkout since my family was taking forever. They denied me saying that they couldn't give me an extra hour because a big party was checking in. Oh... ONE hour for housekeeping would really cramp their style right? Well, I asked another staff member on my scramble out of the hotel if they were expecting a big party - and like their other lies, I found that the answer was "no"

Their rooms have warped wallpaper and they even don't give free breakfasts like they usually do (I am sure this pisses a lot of people off.) Finally, I noticed that I wasn't the only one complaining - there were two people that showed up after me in line to complain. They should have their franchise license revoked and MOST DEF lose their 3 star Priceline rating. They suck and should rename themselves the Clown Motel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Khash C
HolidayInn C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Khash C,
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies. We aim to meet every guest's expectations and make stay comfortable. Holiday Inn management really apologize for all shortcomings which you experienced while your stay . We are sorry for front desk agent who didn't tell you about roll-out charges ,and your late check out will not possible during your arrivals .We will be using this feedback to implement improvements to ensure better experience for all our guests in the future.
Sincerly,

Travellers are raving about these Chico hotels

La Quinta, California
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was a great place to come and visit and relax for a week. The staff in all the areas of the hotel are just wonderful. Grant Devlin in the restaurant was so extremely on top of all his duties. He took such great care of all the tables and people just even walking in the hotel.

Room Tip: Please click the button and choose this hotel and the restaurant and ask for Grant Devlin he will sm...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Brenda
Thanks for being our guest and posting wonderful review.You motivating review about Grant ,boost him and other employees to work efficiently . We are happy to read Grant Devlin in the restaurant was so extremely on top of all his duties
Redwood City, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was very professional. Anjee in the restaurant area was especially cordial and pleasant! We just stayed overnight as we were heading to a camping trip. This is a great place to stay if you want to check out the university. Our teenagers enjoyed it too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Heidi S,
Thank you for positive review .We are glad to read that Anjee in the restaurant area was especially cordial and pleasant, and we thank you to appreciate her work. And our guest's positive reviews boost our employees.
Hope to see you soon,
Fair Oaks
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very rude staff at the front desk.
We were practically pushed out in the morning, maid walked into the room while we were still in bed. Funny smell in the side entry.
They charged my card for the room even though I booked and paid through priceline.
I called several times to get the charge reversed, only to be told the manager Patrice is the only one who can approve the charge reversal.
Left messages for a call back, but no response so far.
At this point I feel like I have expended way to much time trying to reverse the mistake they made.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Idcrod
ldcrod

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.We are sorry for front desk agent being rude to guest. But our housekeepers never enter the room while guests are inside ,they usualy knock the door three times (it is hotel rule to knock the door atleast 3 times). Still if any of our guest experienced this , we are again apologize. We will use your feedback to implement improvements for better experience of our forthcoming guests ..
susanville
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at The Holiday Inn in Chico, while there on business for 2 weeks. The rooms were spacious and the beds were comfy. The entire staff were very pleasant from the maintenence crew all the way up to the GM. Anything I needed they were able to provide, with a smile I might add. I really enjoyed my stay overall and I look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for being our Guest and to post such a motivating reviews. Holiday Inn staff feels happy when guests appreciate their service. Our aim is to fulfil guest's needs with smile.
Hope to see you soon
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Wow, I have stayed about 50 nights with the IHG chain this year and have never had a worse room or less cooperative desk clerk.

The bathroom was not clean, the toilet seat was loose, the trash hadn't been emptied, light bulbs were burned out. I just could not believe this was a full service Holiday Inn. To make matters worse, the wifi was out and I could not get my work done.

Word to IHG, do right by your members and loyal customers and cause your managment to get their act together.

Room Tip: find a different hotel for a good room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Dmanjd
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Dmanjd,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and the service you received fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M