“Fleas!”

Motel 6 Chico
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Chico
“Fleas!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Whenever I stay at a motel, the first thing I do, even before bringing in my luggage, is check the place for bedbugs. I've never found any, but on this particular visit I found plenty of fleas. I walked in, checked the bedding, sat down and immediately had three fleas on my arm. Looked down at my white tennis shoes, two fleas there. I hightailed it out of there fast.
The clerk at the front desk was extremely apologetic and quickly moved me to another room. A thorough check of the new room revealed no insects whatsoever, but that didn't stop me from jumping if I felt the slightest itch on my body.
Both rooms had a slight musty smell to them. And the sink drained very slowly. Carpeting needs to be cleaned (my socks were dirty after walking across the room several times).
I liked that it is right next door to a Denny's. I also liked the front desk clerk. But next time I'll pay a few extra dollars and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank GloriaKW

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fort Irwin, California
Reviewed 30 April 2013

After checking in we went to our room, the moment we walked in I nearly gagged! They knew the room stank because the window was open. I immediatly went to the front desk and the nice guy working there got me another room. That room had blood on the blanket, filthy carpet, it stank, and had tons of hair in the shower. I went to the front desk again and checked out. The guy refunded my money with no push back and I felt sorry for him!! He should apply at the nice Holiday Inn that I ended up staying at that night next door!

Room Tip: Do not stay there!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank JoyceW726

Travellers are raving about these Chico hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Anytime you have to flush down a cockroach in the middle of the night after finding him crawling around in the bathroom, you can pretty much guarantee that you won’t be putting the accommodations on your recommended stay list. Combine that with a room that reeked of marijuana, a bed that was as hard as a piece of plywood, and sheets that had semen and blood stains, along with cigarette burns. If this doesn’t deter you, then here’s a helpful hint: Make sure you have either the air conditioner or heater on max or else the freeway traffic will surely keep you up at night. But hey, there’s free coffee, right?

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank KennyLindberg
Oakley, California
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed here labor day weekend with a few friends to check out the party scene in Chico. Got a smoking room with 2 full beds, AC worked magic! beds were comfy really no complaints except the room smelt like cigarette smoke. We didnt get the room to smoke cigarettes in, if you know what I mean. Our room was right across from the pool, didnt hear any noise except for the people above use which sounded like they were moving furniture all night! Staff is super friendly!

Room Tip: I had room 108 which was by the pool and front office!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank 744ashleyj
CONCORD
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The hotel was the smallest room I have ever seen. They crammed 2 beds one of which was pushed all the way against the air conditioner, the other against the wall. Even this left just barely enough room to fit between them. The bathroom was small too and everything was dirty. They did not even provide shampoo, conditioner or lotion. Pay the extra money and stay anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kidAdroc
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I'm here on a business trip. Our crew faxes our timesheets every week. Here they want two dollars for the first page and one dollar every page after! No continental breakfast, the coffee is weak, there's been a piece of toilet paper in the same spot on the bathroom floor in the week I've been here! The staff is very unfriendly! I do not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank kellywarner
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I paid 80.99 for a one night stay, because that's all I could handle. Now everything worked, the TV with the buttons broken and pushed in, the remote with pretty much all the lettering rub off, the lights with the bent lamp shades, the noisy air conditioner and the sink which put out 9 individual streams of water in mostly different directions. Then there was the bed, cigarette holes in the bed spread, cigarette holes in the blankets all to cover you up on a nice lumpy mattress. Then woke up in the middle of the night to find cockroaches covering the bathroom floor, leading just slightly into the room area. The shower was about the only thing that was ok. Everything else was just awful. If I had paid 35 dollars for a night, I wouldn't have complained, but at almost 90 dollars after taxes I would have expected something better and more clean. I will say the staff was courteous, when they were paying attention and not out back smoking. When I tried to complain, it was immediately dismissed and they just sent me packing. One of the worse stays, if not the worse at a motel in 50 years.

• Stayed September 2011