“Good business value”

Oxford Suites Chico
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Oxford Suites is remodeling and I assume I got a remodeled room. The remodeling is going on only in the day, I never heard or saw a thing. Very clean and modern. Free wifi, and an adequate desk for working with 2 plugs at the desk top. Based on other reviews I asked for a room away from the freeway. My 4th floor room was very quiet. There are free drinks and appetizers that looked substantial enough for dinner. A full hot breakfast is provided. The price is also right.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed 6 February 2012

The service and staff are the best in town., Great location, Great value for the price, Perfect for business travel

1  Thank David A
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Just stayed for three days last week and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very welcoming and professional when we arrived. The room type I had requested was available; high floor, quiet, away from elevator, and away from ice machine. I was impressed with the size of the room and despite what some other reviewers have stated, I loved the fact that the huge vanity was not in with the shower and toilet. That way I could get ready while others were showering, and there was plenty of light to get ready. The room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. I'm not a big breakfast eater, but it was adequate. Wish there had been some plain yogurt to eat with the yummy granola. The evening reception with free drinks was also adequate...it's free...what do you expect? All in all a very nice stay and I will stay again next time I'm in town and I recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay somewhere in the Chico area.

Eat at the Sierra Nevada Brewery down the street. Wonderful selection and food is great!

Room Tip: Use the drop down bars on the reservation site to make requests. Stayed on the fourth floor in room...
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Loved the hotel. Clean spacious rooms that feel luxurious. The best part, though, is the friendly helpful efficient staff and the reasonable rate. My favorite hotel on our 3 week vacation.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We came up to visit CSU Chico and stayed here based on a colleagues recommendation. We were not disappointed at all! The staff was very friendly and greeted us with a gift bag of Chico information and water bottles. The evening reception and full breakfast made the rate an extra good deal. My boys enjoyed the proximity to the multitude of restaurants within walking distance and the drive to the CSU campus was a piece of cake. The room was spacious and comfortable and clean. We would definitely stay here again.
One of my sons took advantage of the work-out room and was impressed with the sauna!

1  Thank 209mom
Reviewed 5 December 2011

we came up to visit the university, and this hotel was half the price of one we considered closer to Chico State. the evening appetizers were delicious, the room was very nice, and we even used the pool and hot tub in November. though pets are allowed, we didn't see any. the breakfast was ok, though the dishes weren't my favorite. the only negatives i experienced were that the juice and milk machines don't work at the evening buffet, and i and quite a few other guests tried using them to no avail. i suggested to front desk to label them as "breakfast only". i would stay again. right across the street from the mall.

Room Tip: we liked the fourth floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Terri G
Reviewed 1 December 2011

The husband and I just had our 4th stay at this hotel and it has certainly grown on us - to the point that I feel compelled to update my review. We stay at a lot of Sheratons, Hyatts and Marriotts and lets not forget Hiltons, which I if ever review but when a single hotel or small chain stands out I do like to either plug or forewarn.
So here's the deal - you can get good bargains (under $100 for AAA) for a large room, a good breakfast and a staff that is as friendly and accommodating as they come. Sometimes the hotel has a "festive" vibe which we came to appreciate. This time, on a Sunday in November it was all quiet and I could appreciate the accommodations more. They really do listen as well. Since my last visit they upgraded their amenities and went green in the process. This is a happy place to stay :-)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family