“Exceptional hotel and service”

Oxford Suites Chico
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Eureka, California
“Exceptional hotel and service”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I've stayed at Oxford Suites as a stopping point every time I make my way down to southern California and I have never been disappointed. The service is superior to any hotel I have ever stayed at, and I have had my fair share of time in hotels throughout my years. I'm always pleased at how friendly and welcoming the front desk staff is and the kitchen staff is always pleasant in the mornings. If you travel to Chico, make sure you stay at Oxford Suites, otherwise you're missing out!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Salvador was very helpful in making my last minute reservation today. I will update my review once my stay is complete but we're off to a great start! Thank you very much for accommodating us, Salvador :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 29 February 2012

As a much travelled business person, hotels are a sensitive selection process:
Q:There is always something that I need to lessen the impact of long stays
A: I use a blender for quick drinks ( shorten time in restruant) - Oxford came thru

The perks at this hotel is the great breakfast MEAL ( not the usual continental )-complementary. The very helpful and quick to respond staff at the front office/desk and maintenance crew. In addition the free supper supplement / snacks at 6:00 pm each day, ( 2 free refreshments :)) hit the spot after a long day. The onsite washer and dryer and gym and pools are very clean.

The area is usually quiet. The only time I heard outside noise was from the racetrack ( 1 Km away). Some big weekend racing event.

The very good access ( across the street ) to 5 major restruant chains and access to near by major shopping ( walking distance) only add to the stress reducers.

24 hour check in and check out, which is a major plus for me with my changing travel / work demands. There is ample free parking onsite for easy access to your room.

The only negative that jumps to my mind is that they do have dedicated rooms for people that travel with pets ( dogs). In addition, the breakfast area on the weekend , completely fills up. Hmmm

Room Tip: Check to make sure room is not near elevator -quieter
Monterey, California
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stayed at Oxford Suites in Chico, CA on Feb 16-17, 2012. Their customer service from making the reservation to checkout was absolutely phenomenal! I traveled with my three dogs and even though their policy is two dogs maximum, they had no problem accommodating me. They not only gave me the special deal for Transfer Flow customers, but also gave me a military discount on top. They also were able to provide a shuttle to and from Transfer flow and helped me load/unload my dogs and bags. Their pet friendly rooms, which were recently renovated, were very nice with all new furniture and nice hardwood floors. The room also had a separate living room and bedroom. Most hotels in this category provide only a continental breakfast, but they went a step further with having a full on breakfast with someone there to cook eggs and serve guests. The location is nice with a Walmart across the street in addition to several restaurants. I can't say enough about how well they treated me. I would absolutely stay here again if in the area and highly recommend this place to anyone with pets or Transfer Flow customers!

Colorado
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This place has a great set up for business which I believe outweigh the shortcomings. It has a new feel, the rooms are work friendly, decent business center, meeting rooms, breakfast, drink hour, and the staff are super professional. Its also in walking distance of shopping mall, outlet-like dining options, and the Sierra Nevada Brewery.

Here are the shortcomings:
- The keys are a bit different and take some time to get used to. (In their defense, there are some advantages to not having a magnetized key. Its just a bit different.)
- The wireless internet can only accommodate so many users at one time. If the hotel is close to capacity, you may need to wait or visit the business center to work online.
- The location is nowhere near downtown. Expect to drive if you are headed there or the Chico campus.

1 Thank HumJer
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Oxford Suites is remodeling and I assume I got a remodeled room. The remodeling is going on only in the day, I never heard or saw a thing. Very clean and modern. Free wifi, and an adequate desk for working with 2 plugs at the desk top. Based on other reviews I asked for a room away from the freeway. My 4th floor room was very quiet. There are free drinks and appetizers that looked substantial enough for dinner. A full hot breakfast is provided. The price is also right.

Chico, California
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The service and staff are the best in town., Great location, Great value for the price, Perfect for business travel

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family