Oxford Suites Chico
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Chico(Chico)
1,081 results
All reviewsevening receptionfree drinkssierra nevada brewerydrink ticketshappy hourolive gardensteam roomred lobsterhot breakfastfree shuttlepotatoesrestaurants and shoppinggreat place to staysitting areain townhome away from homemorning breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have been "living" at the hotel for about 8 months now. I do go home on Friday night and return on Sunday evenings. Everyone at the hotel from the time I made my reservations to now have been wonderful. Anything I need someone is more than happy to help. I feel like I am part of the "family". For a woman who is working in a new town I feel welcome and safe here. The beds are really comfortable and the rooms are clean and pretty quiet. The entire staff are friendly and professional. I will miss my Oxford Suites friends when I leave next week. I would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel for anyone planning a stay in Chico.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool if you go to sleep early.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is right off Hwy 99 in Chico, CA. Staff was very friendly. Executive suites offer a sitting area with sliding doors that separate it from the sleeping area. I was able to rise early and do yoga while my husband slept in. The sitting area also has a TV, refrigerator, microwave oven and desk. Free WiFi, which was slow at times but useful. In room coffee was surprisingly good. The complimentary breakfast was basic buffet fare with a hot dish option; decent and free. Several chain restaurants within walking distance for other dining options (Applebee's & Olive Garden right across the street). None of the downtown Chico charm in this area, but close enough to drive to. Room prices were very reasonable. Outdoor pool & Jacuzzi available. Parking fills up if you arrive late, but we always found a space.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side are quieter, less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I spent two nights at the Oxford Suites in Chico. The pros were that the room was clean, the small sitting area was a bonus, and the service at the hotel was excellent. A mini refrigerator as well as a microwave in the room were nice features although I did not use them. A hot breakfast included in the room rate was about average quality as free breakfasts go. The cons were that room decor was worn (especially the old carpet), the bathtub shower was a thin material that creaked when you stepped on it, and the soundproofing was not the best as I could hear noise from the upstairs guests at night. A newer and better quality mattress was needed as it was a bit uncomfortable to sleep on.

For its reasonable price, this hotel was fine, though not a luxury hotel by any means. I gave this hotel four stars considering its price and location as the physical hotel rates three stars but the service deserves five stars.

Room Tip: I would recommend a top floor room as it would probably be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank cookiebaker101
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We traveled to Chico to visit our college son. We booked a king suite at Oxford Suites so we could have some extra room for our son to hang out if he chose to do so. Check in was 3pm. We arrived around 2 so chilled in the lobby for an hour while we waited for a room. When we were checked in, we got a first floor room just down from the main desk.
The room was fully accessible with a huge roll in shower. The room didn't look at all like the room I booked. We had wanted the bathroom sinks inside the bathroom so one of us waking early didn't disturb the other. Instead, because of the huge shower, the sink was outside of the bathroom directly across from the bed. My son said the bed wasn't a king but I didn't measure it and wasn't sure. We were missing the couch we had hoped my son could use. So when he crashed, it was across our bed. Most importantly, we felt we had taken an accessible room from someone who needed it. We told the desk but they said it was the only room they had available.
The accessible room did not have a closet. There was a clothes hanging area directly next to the vanity.
The hotel has a shop off the main desk. I wanted a soft drink from the cooler. I got a little grossed out by the dirty condition of the cooler. Not grossed out enough to deny myself caffeine but I did go back to the room and thoroughly wash the soda can.
Our room also had some cleanliness issues. The vents were nasty and the shower and toilet weren't totally clean.
The hotel room was quiet except for the air conditioner fan. When it was turned off, the room was peaceful for resting.
The dining area is a huge asset for hotel guests. In the morning, there is a full hot breakfast with eggs, meat, breads and fruits. In the evening, light snacks are served with beverages. On the night we were there, snacks were chips and an American iceberg salad with lots of toppings. There was also a buffalo chicken soup. The room is large and has several TVs. We saw a world series game and the Oregon football game. The room does get noisy. You can take your food to the pool deck to escape the clamor.
All in all, this is a nice place. I just wish we had gotten the room we had reserved. Everyone here was friendly. The staff members in the dining room bus the tables and are very hard working.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the room you booked before you check in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nkwins
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your thoughtfulness regarding the use of an accessible room. If someone had been in specific need of the room that night, they would have been assigned the room, so all is well. We apologize for the inconvenience and the bathroom issue you sited. We can confirm that our King beds are the standard king size bed. We hope you'll consider a future stay with us, and again we are truly sorry that your stay didn't quite go as planned.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel was FABULOUS!! Not only was the food really good, the pool relaxing, and the rooms clean and comfortable, the service was exceptional. Traveling with a disabled sister was made so much more accommodating and less stressful by the staff who went WAY above and beyond to help us. Besides their always friendly demeanor, they made numerous changes to help make our stay both pleasant and comfortable. Besides all the physical amenities one wants when staying away from home, the staff was the true shining gem here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family