“Great Service”

Oxford Suites Chico
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Do yourself a favor before you book a room online through services such as Expedia or Hotels.com and call the hotel directly instead. Much better prices and flexibility with your reservation. Sal took great care of me nonetheless!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Debbie S

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed as part of group of 11 people visiting Chico for business in mid-January and I highly recommend this hotel.

The staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble. They arranged a shuttle every day for our group to transport us to various places around Chico. Sometimes this was at short or even no notice and every time it was on time and manned by a smiling driver.

The rooms are comfortable and clean with everything that you need. I was particularly happy that they had a guest laundry that i could use as I was down to my last change of clothes when I arrived. The common facilities (laundry, pool, ice machine etc.) are all clean and in good working order.

They even gave me a free beer at Happy Hour in the downstairs bar each day!

Very happy with this place and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Todd1975
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The service is impeccable, with one exception, the three different rooms I stayed in over my week-long stay were roomy and comfortable. During reservation, the clerk gave me a welcome discount for being retired military. When the heater quit working in my room I was forced to move and Sal, the evening desk attendant put me in a nicer room and knocked ten bucks off my room rate. Thanks Sal!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank TF L
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I would highly recommend staying at Oxford Suites. We were met with excellent customer service and were graciously directed to our rooms. We found the rooms to be very comfortable and clean. The staff were always quick to assist and went above and beyond our expectations! The complementary breakfast was very good. We stayed for three nights and enjoyed the breakfast and the evening soup and salad bar. In the evening we were given complementary waters and soda (beings how we don't drink) It was very refreshing and the staff made us feel at home.. All of our needs during our stay where exceedingly met and taken care of. I especially would like to thank Beth and Mindy for their kindness and excellence in how we were taken care of! We look forward to seeing both of you in the future. We will definitely be staying again with Oxford Suites and will be highly recommending it to others.

Again Thank you to all the staff! You helped make a difficult time for our family easier.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and loved it! We were in room 425 which is a King Suite. Now we didn't like the fact that we were next to the elevator and the ice machine or the fact that the sound of the doors closing sound like slamming or the crying baby all night long in the room next to us but the room was really nice it felt like home. Next time we will ask for a room in a corner or away from the elevator. They have great amenities with a night reception with 2 free beers or wine or soda and free appetizers and there free breakfast is great to not your typical continental breakfast. The staff were all so nice and seemed very happy. Overall this is the best hotel in Chico for extended stays. Oh and there gym was super nice they have a sauna a steam room a pool and a spa you just can't beat the deal for the price you get its amazing for 2 nights we paid about $253. Its a must stay. We will be staying here from now on when we visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The staff at Oxford was phenomenal. Sal, who checked me in was very friendly and kind. He even asked which floor I wanted and put me on the side with the sunrise. They were very helpful and made you feel right at home the second you walked in. Ally was especially kind (and cute too) and helped me out with any questions I had. I wish I could have stayed another night.

A great value by a non-corporate, family-owned hotel. If you happen to be in Chico, you really couldn't ask for more. Very nice, clean and spacious rooms with a hot tub, sauna and steam room. Hot breakfast too! I highly recommend Oxford if you're in the area.

Only complaint is that it is literally surrounded by gross chain restaurants (Applebee's, Chili's etc) BUT, BUT, BUT there is an In-N-Out about 100 yards from the door! Boo-ya!

Room Tip: I used hotels.com but like I said, Sal said I could take my pick.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We had a great time the complementary drinks were yummy and the employees at the front desk where always helpful and friendly especially ally and sal. I would recommend this hotel to anyone great price even better experience!

• Stayed: February 2014